Favorite 5 Aircraft- All Eras Allowed.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D said:
It certainly is impressive, but a shuttle is slowing down as it hits the ground. I reckon they land at around Mach 2 - 3. A controlled crash, a bit like a Lightning landing.

The shuttle lands at around 220~230 mph.

but the american crews would have a clue what they were doing at night!!!! we on the other hand did
hmmm.......i guess thats why the americans had all the night fighters like the P-61 and a-26's and modified hellcats, and had success with them, cuz they didnt know wut they were doing.

The US had all the Night-Fighters? I see, so the Mosquito, Beaufighter, Defiant weren't Night-fighters at all. :lol:

My favourites:

1. Focke-Wulf Fw 190A
good firepower and excellent looks

2. Douglas A-26 Invader
same as previous, 3-war veteran

3. Tupolev Tu-95 Bear
15000 hp / engine, that's something. And they are still in active duty (since 1955) :shock:

4. Messerscmitt Me 410
Good heavy fighter and one of the most beautiful twin-engined planes of all time.

5. Messerschmitt Bf 109
My grandfather flew these in the Continuation War (1941-1944).

I also like all 2/4-engine bombers and transports. All big planes sort of fascinate me.

I see, so the Mosquito, Beaufighter, Defiant weren't Night-fighters at all

The Defiant was more of a night-annoyer :lol:

Good choices Koivis and welcome to the site...

I particularly agree with the Me-410. One of my favourites too. I read that it had the ability to be fitted with every gun in the Luftwaffes arsenal :shock: Pretty damned good gun platform...

I like twin engined planes too 8) :D

The 410 was very versatile in regards to its armament, but it was not especially effect against other fighters. It's rear-firing 13mm MG131s did cause a nasty shock to more than a few Allied pilots however.

Heres a great shot I found a while back...

Attachments

• me-410.jpeg
    me-410.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 605
Well either way it proves the point. The radio room was immediately behind the bomb bay and basically at the trailing edge of the wing.

1. Hawker Hurricane Mk I - Just something about it, can't put my finger on it...

2. Hawker Typhoon - Yep, I know another Hawker. Think it's just the sheer raw power involved, both in weapons and propulsion.

3. CAC Boomerang CA-13 - Love the design

4. BAC English Electric Lightning - My favourite ever aircraft, so sleek.

5. De Haviland Mosquito - Esp the Mk VI.

My favorites would be
modern- F-14 Tomcat
ww2- B-17, B-29, P-51h mustang, A-26 invader, Spitfire mk5.

Lightning Guy said:
Well either way it proves the point. The radio room was immediately behind the bomb bay and basically at the trailing edge of the wing.
they say if there was going to be a wheel up landing the crew would all go to the radio room because it was the most secure place in the plane between the two bulkheads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back