Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
The site will be down for maintenance this Friday 10AM Eastern time (UTC -5).

• Moving to new server
  • Switching forum software to XenForo
  • Proper HTTPS support
  • Other tweaks and site cleanup

Downtime to last a few hours
There will be a Maintenance Page which will provide updates as work goes on.

This is a long time coming. I have done a lot of work on test site - to make sure the transfer goes smoothly and new site functions similar to old.

The forum albums will be down after transfer for a bit. I have a different solution for their transfer, which can only happen after the new site is up on database.

The software and interaction will be different than current site -- the initial transfer will be on bare site. Improvements and modifications will be added after transfer to regain features.

-david

So vBulletin is out? Do you think that software is the cause of the problems David? I've been asked to give technical assistance te revive a Dutch forum running on vBulletin, but I'm hesitating. Seeing this forum moving away from vBulletin makes me hesitating even more. Mind you I don't have experience with it, only used phpBB a while ago.
Never heard about XenForo. Will that system keep on using mysql as a database?

Transfer complete!

Any issues please post in the website forum.
Hope you enjoy the new setup, will be adding back some features from old site (try to get the bacon back)

BB Codes | WW2Aircraft.net Forums

If you scroll to the bottom...
Code:
Thumbnail: [ATTACH=full]123[/ATTACH]
Full Size: [ATTACH=full]123[/ATTACH]

When you put into new post. I transferred them over without the full switch. There isn't a global or user option to change how they are displayed.
The thumbnails also help speed site and reduce page scroll length.

OK I'm old and grumpy, this we know, and don't like change but I do very very much appreciate this forum and everything you do for it.
Where are "My Replies" and "Today's Posts"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back