Favorite WWII POW / Concentration Camp Movie

What is your Favorite WWII POW / Concentration Camp MOvie?

  • Escape From Sobibor (1987 - Alan Arkin)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Life is Beautiful (1997)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Men Behind the Sun (1988)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The McKenzie Break (1970 - Brian Keith)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The One That Got Away (1957 - Hardy Kruger)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victory (1981 - Sylvester Stallone)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    28

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
22,572
2,807
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Location
Fla-eee-dah!
Haven't done one of these in awhile. Simple: Whats your favorite POW movie or Concentration camp movie.

I'll leave this multiple choice! :) and if I missed a movie, let me know and I'll add it.
 
Last edited:
How about Empire of the Sun ?

I'm not saying it was the best, but it was from a unusual perspective, and even had some aviation aspects to it.
 
The Great Escape way up front followed by VonRyan's Express and Stalag 17 a close second and third. My father was in a German POW camp and he loved Stalag 17 so I guess it was pretty accurate as far as conditions or I'm sure I would have heard about it.
 
After thinking about it all those stink:lol: The best has to be Hogan's Hero's


"I hear nothing, I see nothing..."

Like me, you must be of a certain age. The youngsters here will have no idea what we are talking about..

:D
 
You need to take a poll on which movie pissed the real POWs off the most .

That would have to be The Bridge over the River Kwia.

A totally, totally made up story. Thousands of POWs died building that raiway, they co-operated with the Japanese 0%.
 
Stalag 17, The Great escape and Von Ryan's Express for me although The One that got away with hardy Kruger alway gets watched when it comes on the box....
 
The great escape is also not very historical inaccurate.
I read the non fiction book back when I was in high school and found it pretty close, although some things were changed, the biggest being the Steve McQueen part being a conglomeration of many people in the book, and the whole motorcycle part made up.... for which I am not objecting at all.
 
I voted for Stalag 17 and Schindler's List. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I just don't like The Great Escape. Heck, I'd rather watch Victory than that movie.
 
I tried adding "Coldlitz" and "Empire of the Sun" but can't seem to do it at the moment. Sorry. :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back