Favrortie and cutest female youtuber ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Boy Howdy, ain't that the truth? I wrote a song about being a Texan living there. It included the verse

[/i]Plastic money
plastic lips
plastic tits
plastic people[/i].

Pretty ,uch sums up my views, and apologies to SoCalers who don't match my impressions.

I spend a lot of time in the Palmdale area. It drains the life force out of you.

I escaped the madness and moved 550 north of Anaheim, straight up the 5 to Redding, which is true NorCal.

It was bliss for many years (reminded me of the rural Orange County I grew up in) until people from the Bay Area started arriving in hoards - a couple years ago, I ended up moving about 6 miles out of town, away from all that mess...

I only lived one year in NorCal and felt much more comfortable. Of course it was in rednecky Livermore, but it was cool. Just out of the Air Force, trying to get a music career going, money was tight and for entertainment on a Saturday I'd fill up my Geo and hit all five bridges, just 'cause. Or hike Mt Diablo, or hit the trails east of town. So much more enjoyable than SoCal concrete.

Boy Howdy, ain't that the truth? I wrote a song about being a Texan living there. It included the verse

Plastic money
plastic lips
plastic tits
plastic people

Pretty ,uch sums up my views, and apologies to SoCalers who don't match my impressions.

SoCal where two out of three women have their own personal silicone valley

I spend a lot of time in the Palmdale area. It drains the life force out of you.
Lived in the Antelope Valley (Lancaster/ Palmdale) 15 years. At one time it was a great place to live until all the dirt bags from LA infested the place. Great place to fly and a deep aviation history but to be blunt, now it's a giant sh*thole. Here's the best view of it.

1648099532086.jpeg

Try playing hockey with us and see just how polite we are.
I lived I Montreal for 3 years during the 1980s, played in an industrial league (was sponsored By Noranda Copper) on the east end. Most of the team were anglophones, I was the only American on the team. To make matters worse, we wore Nordiques Uniforms! It was pretty brutal!

The toughest folks I played against when I lived in Canada were against Mohawk Indians that lived along the US/ Canadian border. Played in a tournament that was supposed to be "no-check." Although we came in 3rd (IIRC) I could barely walk for a week!

I'm from Southern California (Orange County native) and that's news to me.

The one linguistic stand-out, is "Surfer Speak", but that's a sub-culture and not wide-spread. They'll typically start a sentence with the word "like" and it may pop up again during the course of the conversation.
Example: "Like, the waves are totally pounding, bro. We need to, like, get out and carve a few!"
An appropiate response would be:
"Dude, I know, right?"

:thumbleft:

I moved to LA in 1976, it was really nice then. By the early 80s it started going to sh*t.

Thanks guys - yes, my state is a shithole.

It didn't used to be this way. The great decline started in the 80's as millions of clowns came tumbling into the state, vast tracts of orchards and fields were plowed under and strip-malls and housing tracts spread across the landscape like a cancer.

Before that, there were Orange groves as far as the eye could see, families would get together for the weekend out in the desert at someone's homestead, usually flying in because It was faster and safer than driving out on desolate roads.
We fooled around in the oil fields up in the hills, got our backsides dusted with rock salt when we were pilfering oranges, chased Grunnion at the beach at night, waited for the cool inshore breeze to fill the canyons on a late summer afternoon, played hide and seek in the rising tule fog in early fall.
We'd drive to Santa Ana for Christmas shopping on Main street, because Fullerton and Anaheim lacked the high-end stores.
Dad took me to Sycamore Canyon to teach me how to shoot, so I could qualify for my scout badge, I learned how to fly at places that either no longer exist or have changed so much, they are not recognizable.
In my time, businesses in buildings from the turn of the century where still very much alive and well with ornate facades and hardwood floors and lofty ceilings. We had drive-in theaters, drive-in Burger joints, beautiful rolling hills dotted with Oaks and Sycamores, narrow country roads between towns and a laid back way of life.

All this is gone now, and it is devestating to me and other native Californians who are the last of the Golden age generation...

Last edited:
All this is gone now, and it is devestating to me and other native Californians who are the last of the Golden age generation...
Yep. I can remember some of those things too. Remember first time as we drove into the Orange County (in November) there were actual live groves of Orange and Lemon trees as far as the eye could see. Quite a shock for a little kid from Kansas.
But things have changed "a bit" in the last 50+ years, we still have all these new people moving in and complaining it is

1) "not like "back home" ,
2)"why can't California drivers drive in the rain?" ,
3)"its so expensive here", bla-bla-bla.

1) Then, why should it be? You did move here ?
2) Most people out here are from "some place else" Which means most drivers are from "some place else" and that means they don't know how to drive in the rain and we locals have to drive in fear of them.
3) Welcome to the "Sunshine Tax" - which is why you came here in the first place ---isn't it?

I now relinquish my soap box to the next member that wants to say something important.
like.gif

Yep. I can remember some of those things too. Remember first time as we drove into the Orange County (in November) there were actual live groves of Orange and Lemon trees as far as the eye could see. Quite a shock for a little kid from Kansas.
But things have changed "a bit" in the last 50+ years, we still have all these new people moving in and complaining it is

2) Most people out here are from "some place else" Which means most drivers are from "some place else" and that means they don't know how to drive in the rain and we locals have to drive in fear of them.
3) Welcome to the "Sunshine Tax" - which is why you came here in the first place ---isn't it?

I now relinquish my soap box to the next member that wants to say something important. View attachment 662379

Except many of us complaining don't live there. We only are visiting for work, and still think its a shit hole. ;)

I now relinquish my soap box to the next member that wants to say something important. View attachment 662379
I got an embossed invitation to move to The Golden State. My moving expenses covered.

Californians can't drive in the rain.

Except many of us complaining don't live there. We only are visiting for work, and still think its a shit hole. ;)

Or lived there ... and then left for home.

That's the real thing for me: even though I spent so many years there, it never felt like home. Every time I came back to Texas to visit family, it felt like sliding on an old pair of boots.

California's got some beautiful places and when you get away from the cities it's got real charm. But in urban SoCal, for me, the pace of life was just too too too fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back