Fiat Cr 42 - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thks fellas got to get back on this and the Walrus I just been having P-51 pains lately so back on Lil Margaret Reece from a group build awhile back.I then plan on going after a 1/24 Stang from some time back which I might have to make my own "American Beauty" decals.

Not much to show fellas but she is a trying kit.There are actually no real locating pins for the wings and the the angle for the center struts is by eyeball to the fuse to drawing supplied This upside down method was the best I could come up with and this is attempt #4 because i glued the center struts in backwards with the taller cane in the back and I only realized this when I finally had the upper wing in the correct forward launch of the lower wing.I need to learn on this for I have another in the cabinet the land version.I dread when I have to go to the floats that will be a nightmare without locating pins.I am showcasing another build also

Attachments

• lil margaret 012 (900 x 675).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 92
  • lil margaret 013 (900 x 675).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 119
Biplanes are always a bitch Kevin, how they managed to get them to fly and stay together, all wire and fabric I'll never fathom.

So you done good mate.

I appreciate the words of encouragement fellas otherwise this one might of found the trash can.I just do not understand why no positive points of attachment Now I see I actually have the front wing alittle to far forward well it's not coming off again and also my angle on the inside struts show of been more vertical really!! So I had to shorten the the struts some to get it them to fit.I will win no awards for this but the one maybe for perseverance if I make it to the end.i am only doing this to learn how to build the other in my stash or maybe I should buy the Italei kit ??Will my make believe plane

Attachments

• lil margaret 017 (900 x 675).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread