Fiat Cr 42 - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thks fellas got to get back on this and the Walrus I just been having P-51 pains lately so back on Lil Margaret Reece from a group build awhile back.I then plan on going after a 1/24 Stang from some time back which I might have to make my own "American Beauty" decals.

Not much to show fellas but she is a trying kit.There are actually no real locating pins for the wings and the the angle for the center struts is by eyeball to the fuse to drawing supplied :dontknow:This upside down method was the best I could come up with and this is attempt #4 because i glued the center struts in backwards with the taller cane in the back :rolleyes: and I only realized this when I finally had the upper wing in the correct forward launch of the lower wing.I need to learn on this for I have another in the cabinet the land version.I dread when I have to go to the floats that will be a nightmare without locating pins.I am showcasing another build also ;)

Attachments

• lil margaret 012 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 012 (900 x 675).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 88
  • lil margaret 013 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 013 (900 x 675).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 116
Biplanes are always a bitch Kevin, how they managed to get them to fly and stay together, all wire and fabric I'll never fathom.

So you done good mate.

I appreciate the words of encouragement fellas otherwise this one might of found the trash can.I just do not understand why no positive points of attachment :dontknow: Now I see I actually have the front wing alittle to far forward well it's not coming off again and also my angle on the inside struts show of been more vertical :rolleyes: really!! So I had to shorten the the struts some to get it them to fit.I will win no awards for this but the one maybe for perseverance if I make it to the end.i am only doing this to learn how to build the other in my stash or maybe I should buy the Italei kit ??Will my make believe plane :)

Attachments

• lil margaret 017 (900 x 675).jpg
    lil margaret 017 (900 x 675).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back