Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Tunisia

• Saudi Arabia

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK and shouldn't this be "Furthermore, Pisis, I suggest..."?

you could get away with the second comma but cirtainly not the first, although my version is equally correct.........

and when making a list like you did "Brazil, Czecho, Holland, Germany, Italy, France" the last item in any linear list such as this should always be preceeded by "and" not a comma, it should read "Italy and France" small but important :lol:

and why the hell are we still arguing about this :lol:

Aha, but as he preceeded the list with a colon the and was not necessary...who said he was writing in prose? ;)

And actually, you've both spelled certainly wrong :lol:

Well, I guess I still have reserves in my English. But I think I learned very much new for the time I'm here and caught some very up-to-date phrases. :D
BTW, I didn't know that if I miss "and" at the end of a list it's that big deal... Is it really? ;)

it is to me ;) :lol:

no one said he was trying to write in prose, but as he picked up on a typo of mine, i thought it only fair to point out a couple of his mistakes :lol:

i do when it comes to physics but not so much with English, it being my weakest subject, with the exception of Re which isn't really a subject is it ;)

And another remark, Lanc, I can('t) really seriously pick into your English since you're a native speaker and you're suppossed to use it perfectly. ;)

Brazil or England both seem like reasonable choices. Personally I choose Brazil to take another World Cup, not because of their strength but because of the weakness of all the other teams in the tournament. It seems all the 'great' names of the other teams aren't so great anymore ...

Team wise? Germany, Holland, Italy, Argentina to name four. Holland especially is not what it used to be. Germany has become weak over the years, and it seems only Brazil has stayed strong. In my opinion England has never been strong, as much as England loves to think it is. But this year it has a chance when comparing to the other teams in the competition.

Well but you can't deny Czechs are strong, too. And I'm not saying that because I'm a Czech...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back