Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Tunisia

• Saudi Arabia

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After what I saw Mclaren did with 'boro, he seems quite a competent manager.

Does anyone else see the irony of Germany playing Poland first ?

AMERICAN BUS WILL BE FLAG-FREE

With the 2006 soccer World Cup only three weeks away (kick off June 9, in Germany, after a four year wait), many in the world's media are focusing on each and every detail of preparation for the eagerly-awaited tournament. I attach several articles on this.

The official bus for the U.S. soccer team will be the only team-bus not to bear a flag due to security concerns.

In a highly insensitive move, ticketless English soccer fans have been invited to watch the World Cup on giant TVs inside a former Nazi jail. Live games will be beamed to 1,500 fans in the 19th Century Tauberbischofsheim jail used by the Nazis to imprison rounded-up Jews before they were sent to Dachau concentration camp where they were murdered.

If Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad attends the World Cup, as he has said he might, perhaps he could join the English fans in the former Nazi jail to dispel his own doubts about the Holocaust.

Dr. Jurgen Ruttgers, the minister-president of North Rhine-Westphalia, has stressed that Ahmadinejad won't be a welcome guest: "We don't want anybody to create trouble. We want to have a nice and pleasant World Cup." The official motto of the 2006 World Cup is "A Time To Make Friends."

Has anyone else seen the hats some Dutch company has been making. They're basically a German WWII helmut made of plastic and painted in all the team colours. I thought this would go down about as popular as a fart in an elevator.

I agree. I saw it on the news a few weeks back, apparently no one has complained and the guy behind it all said that they were selling pretty well.

If they sell, why not take advantage? Honestly, most people today are ignorant and don't even realise they're German military style helmets.

Deutschland über Alles !

geez I wonder if they will have the new Me 262 do fly overs ............. wouldn't that shake up a few spectators ? 8)

well our B team (which had several first team players that're off to the world cup) was beaten 2-1 by Belarus last night, and we lost our 3rd choice keeper........

Doesn't matter, look at France which never has had a very good team and they one the 1998 World Cup even though they sucked. The next time they did not even make it into the World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back