**** FINISHED 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb Floatplane Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, to all of you for the kind words. My next effort, for the Carrier GB, is going to be much better.

Charles

Very very nice work Charles, very authentic looking and quite functional to boot.... How many hours did u have into building her???

I honestly do not know, Dan. I would guess about 125 hours.

brucejscott said:
A 1/24 HMS Ark Royal in 1940 fit with a full compliment of Swordfish, Skuas, Rocs and Fulmars perhaps? That would be much better.

Nah, Bruce..... ships are not my bag.... Now I might just try a Swordfish, if I could find one.

Charles

Very brave choice, both in subject matter and materials - and it's turned out beautifully.

Cheers,

Gerry

Sent photos of the finished floatplane to Guillows in Mass., yesterday, just to show them what I did with their kit. Got this reply this morning:

Guillows said:
Hello Charles,

You did a great job on this plane. I will be sure to pass the photos onto our design department. Thanks for sending us your photos.

Susan Murphy
Customer Service
40 New Salem Street
Wakefield, MA 01880

Charles

Good on ya Charles!
You did a fantatsic job, and any praise you get is well deserved. Be great if the company release a floatplane version based on your model!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back