**** FINISHED: 1/48 Bf-110 G-4 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Username: Jeff Hunt
Name: Jeff
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1:48
Manufacturer: Revell
OOB except for antenna wires.

Far from perfect but I am generally pleased with the result. Thanks to all who helped with advice, photos etc along the way.

Here are the mandatory 6.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Question. Should this aircraft have swastikas on the tail. They did not show in the instructions and none were included on the decal sheet.

Is this just Revell not wanting or not being able to provide them? Should I scrounge some from somewhere and add them.

I have noticed that all 110 pictures and side profiles etc, the arcraft have swastikas.

Cheers and thanks,

Jeff

Yes, there should be swastikas on the fin. Revell, like a number of manufacturers, choose not to include them on their decal sheets, as they are still banned in some countries.
Some decal producers make the swastikas in two parts, but, I think that in Germany, even this may be taboo, and I'm guessing that as Revell USA and Revell Germany share distribution of moulds and certain kits, they are playing it cautiously.

Yes, there should be swastikas on the fin. Revell, like a number of manufacturers, choose not to include them on their decal sheets, as they are still banned in some countries.
Some decal producers make the swastikas in two parts, but, I think that in Germany, even this may be taboo, and I'm guessing that as Revell USA and Revell Germany share distribution of moulds and certain kits, they are playing it cautiously.

Thank you sir. I will pull her out of the display case later and take care of that.

Cheers,

Jeff

You're welcome Jeff. Coincidentally, I've just been checking a couple of kits, and found that the decal sheets were printed with swastikas included, but these had been cut out of the sheet before distribution !
Good job I bought a couple of sheets of swastikas some years back, when it was really difficult to find them in any Luftwaffe kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back