**** DONE: 1/48 Bf-110 G-4 - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great progress! Unusual to see the tail planes finished prior to attachment... is the fit to fuselage ok?

Great progress! Unusual to see the tail planes finished prior to attachment... is the fit to fuselage ok?

Not too bad. I figured it would be easier to take care of any issues with fit than try to mask around the tail unit and the fuselage. I may very well paint the fuselage prior to joining the tail unit.

Cheers,

Jeff

Lots of progress this weekend. The weather here was supposed to be nice but it turned out to be pretty craptacular, cold and foggy till late afternoon before the sun made an appearance, both saturday and Sunday. This did however allow for bench time with lots of visible progress.

The fuselage has been painted, future coated and had decals installed. I crapped out the #16 for the fuselage section markings so I am still searching for a #6 to finish it. If I don't find one I can work with I will remove the #1 as it stands out like a spare dick at a wedding. Tail has been attached as has the tailwheel.

The top of the wings have been painted and are set in place for the photos here in order to give some idea of how she will look. It is coming along nicely but still lots to do.

The final pic is of my home made high tech template I designed and manufactured in order to paint the wings and have them with the same pattern.

Lots of putty needed around the engine to wing joints. The fit was pretty bad both top and bottom.

Thats it for now.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back