**** FINISHED: 1/48 Ju-87B-2 - Heavy Hitters II GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Category, Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Italeri
Model Type, Junkers Ju-87B-2
Aftermarket, Resin wheels, Thanks to Vic!

This one was fraught with disaster. Lost parts, heavy things falling on it, bad paint. But I was determined to have a 2/St.G 2 "Scotty dog" in my collection of Stukas.
Many thanks to all for information, encouragement, and a big thanks to Mr. Balshaw for the fine resin wheels.
Here it is.

ju9.jpg

ju10.jpg

ju11.jpg

ju12.jpg

ju13.jpg

ju14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness sakes, I am honored. I thank all of you for the nice comments.
This was a lipstick on a pig, for me. From the fact that it had been hit by a falling shelf, to the incredibly bad paint, this one has been a study in aggravation.
I lost the P.E. parts to the mass balancer for one of the stabilizers. I scratched a replacement from styrene in two parts.
Matched it up pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Brings us to the paint job. I washed the model as I always have before construction. I gave it a primer, sprayed the base color, and it was wrong. Wrong color all over the place. But I carried on with the second color, that was also wrong.
I am not someone that will be discouraged by being wrong,
So I did the foolish thing and proceeded in my own pig-headed way.
Thank goodness for several folks that steered me in the right direction.
So, the up-shot is a Wash over. Mud and slush.
Eh, there it is.

Odd...the post I made from camp singing high praises with plenty of ooohs and aaahs didn't take. Anyhoo, a lesser man, such as this poster, would have quit. You made a great come-back, Paul. A very large well-done.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back