**** FINISHED: 1/48 Ju-87B-2 - Heavy Hitters II GB

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
6,731
325
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Location
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Category, Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Italeri
Model Type, Junkers Ju-87B-2
Aftermarket, Resin wheels, Thanks to Vic!

This one was fraught with disaster. Lost parts, heavy things falling on it, bad paint. But I was determined to have a 2/St.G 2 "Scotty dog" in my collection of Stukas.
Many thanks to all for information, encouragement, and a big thanks to Mr. Balshaw for the fine resin wheels.
Here it is.

ju9.jpg


ju10.jpg


ju11.jpg


ju12.jpg


ju13.jpg


ju14.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness sakes, I am honored. I thank all of you for the nice comments.
This was a lipstick on a pig, for me. From the fact that it had been hit by a falling shelf, to the incredibly bad paint, this one has been a study in aggravation.
I lost the P.E. parts to the mass balancer for one of the stabilizers. I scratched a replacement from styrene in two parts.
Matched it up pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Brings us to the paint job. I washed the model as I always have before construction. I gave it a primer, sprayed the base color, and it was wrong. Wrong color all over the place. But I carried on with the second color, that was also wrong.
I am not someone that will be discouraged by being wrong,
So I did the foolish thing and proceeded in my own pig-headed way.
Thank goodness for several folks that steered me in the right direction.
So, the up-shot is a Wash over. Mud and slush.
Eh, there it is.
 
Odd...the post I made from camp singing high praises with plenty of ooohs and aaahs didn't take. Anyhoo, a lesser man, such as this poster, would have quit. You made a great come-back, Paul. A very large well-done.

Geo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back