**** FINISHED: 1/48 Me262B-1a/U1 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JKim

Senior Master Sergeant
Jul 1, 2014
Carlsbad, CA
Username: JKim
First name: John
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Hobby Boss
Model Type: Messerschmitt Me262B-1a
Aftermarket addons: Eduard P.E. seatbelts

JTK_7697_zpscvyniqxx.jpg

JTK_7699_zpsouufuaym.jpg

JTK_7700_zpszerrsmsz.jpg

JTK_7702_zpsb3gfp8cz.jpg

JTK_7703_zpsgmwxdrpu.jpg

JTK_7704_zpsqwqrvcb8.jpg

JTK_7720_zpsrsfoszzr.jpg

JTK_7710_zpsqa0mbckc.jpg

JTK_7722_zpskn8amnoi.jpg

JTK_7714_zpsbployygi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of the comments! This build was fairly simple and free of any major drama. The Hobby Boss kit went together well. So this one was more about the little things... spending that extra time finishing off the seams... fixing a paint coat that was a little grainy... using masks instead of decals.

I'm now looking at my Flogger and determined to proceed with her soon.

Awesome! Beautiful paint job and weathering. I've honestly never seen a model of an ME 262 night fighter that looks as nice as this one. :) I'm truly impressed.

Awesome! Beautiful paint job and weathering. I've honestly never seen a model of an ME 262 night fighter that looks as nice as this one. :) I'm truly impressed.

Thank you... that is very kind of you to say! I made a conscious effort not to base the paint job on existing builds that appear on the net but on archival photographs and the research article by Pat Donahue that was pointed out to me by Crimea River. So the green-based scheme definitely looks a little different than the gray-based scheme that you usually see with the more commonly modeled Red 10.

Oh John that is really a great bit of work, that is incredible.

Thank you! All of the fine mottling was done with my Paasche V. Although my Iwata HP CS+ is my primary brush and gets used 90% of the time, I still lean on my Paasche V for really fine work. I'm not sure why I can't that fine a line with my Iwata... maybe it has to do with the needle size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back