Finished 1/72nd models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
Hi all i will put on pictures of finished 1/72nd models i have done in the past or built but not photographed during construction,there will be some interesting subjects for some including ww1/prewar/ww2/postwar and light aircraft,some of them built as a teenager, the rest as a 50 year old.I think i was better back :oops: then but feel free to comment,pics to follow shortly

Looking forward to seeing them! Sadly, all of mine from that era have become landfill. I at one time had about 80 models hanging in my bedroom as a teen but now, at 52, I'm building a new collection up again.

I am currently working on a fleet of 1/72 birds, but have decided rather than hang them, I'm building them all with landing gear down so that I can display them on a shelf.

Can't wait to see your collection.

i've always built my models with the landing gear down,why not post some of yours on here

i've always built my models with the landing gear down,why not post some of yours on here

I was going to when I get a few more made. To be quite honest, after seeing some of the work on here I'm a little hesitant about posting mine.

I have much much learning to do.

A few of my models have been posted already, but I am not where near the level I've seen on these forums.

I don't think that the level should be a problem. How do you want to find out what you should or what can be improved? So don't hesitate please....

I agree. As the sayings go "We're never too old to learn" and "We learn something new every day" - apart from Jan, who misses out due to being in the pub .... I am now running as fast as this disease will allow !!

bob298-1.jpg

bob297-1.jpg

westland lysander
bob276-2.jpg

bob258-1.jpg

dehavland dove

bob259-1.jpg

fairey rotordyne

bob261-1.jpg

havard

bob251-1.jpg

gipsy moth

bob629.jpg

TRS2 (in primer) /canberra /SR52

bob245-1.jpg

bob379-2.jpg

bob365-2.jpg

bob372-2.jpg

supermarine swift

bob370-2.jpg

supermarine spiteful

bob378-1.jpg

bob380-1.jpg

westland wyvern/supermarine attacker

chrissie008.jpg

last but not least in this 1st set of pics a little fat boy posting his pictures

Last edited:
not all these models are quite finished in some pics as you might have noticed but are finished now ,i just haven't got upto date pics of these as they were packed away as i'm building an extention at home

the devon was a vac form i made back when i was 16 [not sure who made the kit senior moment],the gipsy moth was by frog,i've got another sitting on the shelf if you want one

bob703.jpg

there you go rare boxed frog gipsy moth

bob679.jpg

this box of rare kits were made by me as a teenager and stored in the loft,some have been damaged and need repair but once the extentions finished i will at last be able to get them all out and display them for the 1st time,in the box are spitfire/hurricane/zero/yak/plus a few others,i've 4 boxes like this with kits of Rita/whitley/shakelton/lincoln/
warwick/wellington/battle/beaufort/blenheim/seafang/beechcraft/hampden/constallation/
firebrand to name just a few

bob680.jpg

plus approx 150 more still in there boxes unmade including interwar bombers in vac form plus rare revell frog and airfix one or two doubles i can list if anyone wants to swop
bob702.jpg

bob705.jpg

bob708.jpg

bob709.jpg

My jaw is just hanging...great models mate!
If you do a spares list, please send me a copy! (I'll very gladly trade you for that DH 60 for example!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back