Finished Gabreski Jug

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mrf17

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Maryland, USA
First post, guys. Thought I'd share my P-47D25 decked out in Gabby Gabreski's colors. I know this particular aircraft has been overdone to death, but it is still one of the best looking aircraft from the entire war. Polly Scale colors, Ultracast seat, and a Paasche VL brush. I have a few other recent finishes and will post them as soon as I get the pics taken. By the way, you are welcome to visit my blog and read up on my build and some thoughts on Gabreski and scale modeling in general. Here is the link:

Check Six Scale Models

Hope you enjoy the pics. Comments welcome!

Attachments

• DSCN0742.JPG
    DSCN0742.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0746.JPG
    DSCN0746.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN0732.JPG
    DSCN0732.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN0753.JPG
    DSCN0753.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN0727.JPG
    DSCN0727.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0743.JPG
    DSCN0743.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN0717.JPG
    DSCN0717.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN0726.JPG
    DSCN0726.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 178
Welcome aboard....very nice work on your P-47...there is one thing that you may not be aware of, Gabby's aircraft was originally NMF and when painted the canopy was closed so a small curved area on the canopy edge was not painted where the canopy sat. Someone pointed this out on another forum and it stuck with me as I am doing HV-A as well.

Nice looking build there Sir :thumbleft: You did a fine job on the writing in the blog it kept my attention to the end another :thumbleft: .I found the the interpeptation on colors about spot on in my book and this is a hobby and a time for peace and recluse.Cheers Kevin

Thanks to everyone for the comments and views! BTW, Wayne... you are absolutely correct,sir! When I finished the model, I realized that I had not portrayed the small area directly under the canopy sill (which was bare aluminum skin mirroring the the contour of the lower canopy frame). But... I was (and still am) afraid to get anywhere near the finished clear canopy and kill markings decal with masking tape, Alclad II and an airbrush! It'll have to do. Once again, thanks guys.
-Mark

Suberb build, paintwork - and I particularly like the decaling. Love to see some more of your work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back