**** FINISHED: GB-39 1/72 Bf109E-3 Obfw. J.Arnoldy - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ArmouredSprue

Senior Airman
Feb 26, 2013
Adelaide SA
Username : ArmouredSprue
First name : Paulo
Category: Advanced
Scale : 1/72
Manufacturer / Model : Tamiya Bf109E-3
Extras: Out-Of-The-Box except for the Synthetic Fibre harness, EZ Line aerial and spare box extra decals used on the rudder (kill markings).

Bf109E-3 "WEISSE 5" Obfw. Jakob Arnoldy, Mandal 1940 (Tamiya 1/72)

Finally, as promised, here are the photos of the finished model. I'd say it was a pleasure to build this kit. Any set back I had was self inflicted and nothing to do with the kit quality.

The canopy is pretty decent out of of the box. I only added a set of harnesses and some scratch built details to the panel. All the parts fit together very well and little putty was used.

There were some mistakes regarding the painting scheme but I only noticed it because was checking my references (i.e. spinner colour).

IMG_0001 copy.jpg
IMG_0002 copy.jpg
IMG_0003 copy.jpg
IMG_0004 copy.jpg
IMG_0005 copy.jpg
IMG_0006 copy.jpg
IMG_0007 copy.jpg
IMG_0008 copy.jpg
IMG_0009 copy.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg

Link for WIP: ***DONE: GB-39 1/72 Bf109E-3 Obfw. J.Arnoldy - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Cheers
Paulo

Last edited:
Well, I personally think that getting a clean looking model at a small scale is much harder than a getting the same for a larger one. A 2mm blemish on a 1/32 model will look like a pimple but at 1/72 it's skin cancer. So, it wasn't a qualification. Rather, it was recognition of a job well done with the bar set high.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back