**** FINISHED: GB-45 1:48 Slovakian Bf 109G-6 - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard
Model: Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 #BFC019
Scale: 1:48

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

A very nice kit with few issues; perhaps a little over engineered and not being used to PE, a little daunting at times. This is a dual combo kits meaning you get to kits in one. The other one can be built with all sorts of resin. I'll build that when I'm caught up on everything and then compare the differences. As always, thanks to all who offered advice, comments or just popped in for a shufti

I really like those markings, Geo. Great build as well. I do like the Eduard 109 Gs. Yeah, it can be a bit complicated, but patience makes for a very nice kit IMO.

Greatly appreciated gentlemen. I need to find a better flat clear. Even though the right wing root was hit with Tamiya Clear Flat its still shines
I thought it was the flash. If not you are quite right. Then imo its needs to tone down a bit as you said. I think on the real one there were more decals for ig oil and such. Are they not on this kit?

Thanks Evan. Not a lot out there for these aircraft so I went with these.

1588197272870.png

1588197325507.png

Note how small the tail insignia is as well. The one badly photographed photo I had of this area bears this out.

Excellent work there George. I always love to see birds with Slovakian WW2 markings.

Few notes on the Slovakian Bf 109G-6's though.
Most authors believe that the fuselage band covering Balkenkreuz was in RLM 74 or RLM 75 color, as in many available photos it can be seen there's no contrast with surrounding camouflage. Yellow fuselage band was a recognition feature of Letka 13, not to be confused with Eastern front recognition markings, so there was no yellow on the wings undersides. Interestingly enough, Slovakian Bf 109G-6's were delivered from German factories without any Stammkennzeichen code letters, hence no traces of over painting of those on the fuselage.

This particular BF 109G-6 (Wr.Nr. 161742) which is the subject of your build was the only Bf 109 ever to wear this improvised insurgent markings. There were only two Bf 109G-6s used by the insurgents, both initially marked with original Slovakian crosses. After one of them was destroyed in Luftwaffe raid on the Tri Duby airfield, the surviving one was repainted with these markings. This aircraft too was lost on 25th October 1944 while attempting to fly over to the Soviet held territory after the Uprising was suppressed. The pilot Gustav Kubovič perished.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back