**** FINISHED: GB-46 1:1 Pantry Shelf/Wine Rack - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1:1
Manufacturer: 30% IKEA, 70% Scratch Built
Model Type: N/A
Aftermarket Add-ons: Extension Splices, Masonite shelf finisher

The subject of this build is a basement pantry shelf with wine rack/sample table and mini-fridge support. This build was deemed a priority over my other build, the Il-2m3 of the 566 SHap using the Accurate Miniatures kit and has caused delays to the latter.

The finish is a combination of late war mottled 86/87 Arborite over bare wood which has received a clear satin coat to mimic the matte finish seen on most period WW2 aircraft.

And now for the mandatory pics:

Head on view, showing aged extant IKEA shelf with extended height:

20060802.jpg

The port side, or shall we call it the wine and beer side. Supplies are currently sparse and the collection will be expanded.

20060803.jpg

View of the starboard (beer cooler) side with miscellaneous unimportant other stuff.

20060804.jpg

I'd like to thank no-one for their support cuz I got none.

Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1:1
Manufacturer: 30% IKEA, 70% Scratch Built
Model Type: N/A
Aftermarket Add-ons: Extension Splices, Masonite shelf finisher

The subject of this build is a basement pantry shelf with wine rack/sample table and mini-fridge support. This build was deemed a priority over my other build, the Il-2m3 of the 566 SHap using the Accurate Miniatures kit and has caused delays to the latter.

The finish is a combination of late war mottled 86/87 Arborite over bare wood which has received a clear satin coat to mimic the matte finish seen on most period WW2 aircraft.

And now for the mandatory pics:

Head on view, showing aged extant IKEA shelf with extended height:

View attachment 584498

The port side, or shall we call it the wine and beer side. Supplies are currently sparse and the collection will be expanded.

View attachment 584499

View of the starboard (beer cooler) side with miscellaneous unimportant other stuff.

View attachment 584500

I'd like to thank no-one for their support cuz I got none.
Bigger than mine at work !

What scale is that. I think the the wood colors are off a couple of hughs, but it might just be the camera. Something just not very realistic. Who am I to be the critic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back