**** FINISHED: GB-49 1/48 Mosquito B.XVI - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some Nice paint and Works Terry Splendid Job Sir!!;)

Just received this pic from Max, showing John Fennings ( son of the Mosquito pilot, Eric Fennings ) with the model now complete with its display case.

Mossie model case.jpg

Just received this pic from Max, showing John Fennings ( son of the Mosquito pilot, Eric Fennings ) with the model now complete with its display case.

View attachment 631649
While not a facial expression expert, I certainly see, not only joy, but pride in his expression. It's hard to 'squeeze' emotions out of us ol-timers, but you certainly have. Thanks for doing this.

DH Mosquito B.XVI, 608 Sqn, RAF ( Aux AF ), Downham Market, April 1945.

Username Airframes
Name Terry.
Category Judge - non competing.
Model Mosquito B.XVI
Scale 1/48th
Kit Tamiya Mosquito B.IV.
Accessories "Brengun" resin engine nacelles and exhausts, bulged bomb bay and canopy side windows from Airfix kit, scratch-built interior fittings and other items , decals from the kit, Xtradecal and Tally Ho decals. Custom-made display base.

Finally finished, and ready for delivery. It could be better in parts, but I'm relatively happy with it.
The six "standard" pics, and a couple of extras.
Thanks again to all who followed this build, offered encouragement and kind words, or just laughed at some of the mishaps !!

View attachment 626073View attachment 626074View attachment 626075View attachment 626076View attachment 626077View attachment 626078View attachment 626079View attachment 626080
Hullo old man. Beautiful work as always.

Thanks chaps.
I'd like to think that my daughters will either retain some of my models, or donate them to museums that may have a use for them, once I'm planted with the daisies.
My daughters plan on selling all the kits that I have not gotten around to build. Somewhere around 100 1/48 aircraft kits. I will not take inquires about my stash just now , as I am not dead and they are mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back