**** FINISHED: GB-49 - 1:48 XP-51 - Favorite A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: Advanced
Kit: ICM Mustang Mk.II
Scale: 1/48th
Accessories: Modifications to change a Mustang Mk.II to a XP-51, wine foil harness, and decals from my spares box and computer printer.

I first started thinking about modifying one of the Accurate Miniatures or ICM Allison Mustangs into NA-73 or one of the XP-51's six years ago as I was finishing up HiPM's P-51H for group build #25. They both were in NMF with the black anti-glare painted on the nose and I thought they would look good sitting together, the "First and the Last" as it were.

Building this kit was a struggle at times and my only regret is that I did not use the Accurate Miniatures kit instead of the ICM, but that's what I had in my stash. In the end I'm happy with the final result and can't wait to get it in the display shelf next to the P-51H

The six required photos
View attachment 627242View attachment 627243View attachment 627244View attachment 627245View attachment 627246View attachment 627247
Dammit' man! You are so good at finding obscure treasures and then replicating them in my favorite scale. You are awesome!

User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: Advanced
Kit: ICM Mustang Mk.II
Scale: 1/48th
Accessories: Modifications to change a Mustang Mk.II to a XP-51, wine foil harness, and decals from my spares box and computer printer.

I first started thinking about modifying one of the Accurate Miniatures or ICM Allison Mustangs into NA-73 or one of the XP-51's six years ago as I was finishing up HiPM's P-51H for group build #25. They both were in NMF with the black anti-glare painted on the nose and I thought they would look good sitting together, the "First and the Last" as it were.

Building this kit was a struggle at times and my only regret is that I did not use the Accurate Miniatures kit instead of the ICM, but that's what I had in my stash. In the end I'm happy with the final result and can't wait to get it in the display shelf next to the P-51H

The six required photos
View attachment 627242View attachment 627243View attachment 627244View attachment 627245View attachment 627246View attachment 627247
Well done, research and execution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back