Finished Hasegawa 1/32 P47D Republic Thunderbolt

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really is a beaut Vaughan. Photographed against a darker background, such as a 'grass' mat, it would really emphasis that metal finish. Great job!

Thanks Terry, I might pop down to my local artist shop tomorrow and get some black artist board which would really enhance the finish.

Great job, Vaughan, I especially like the way the nmf and the subtle washing turned out. I'll take all of your hints into account when it's time to build my big "jug". Thanks for your efforts, Alex.

Black will work, but can be too much of a contrast. A neutral grey (mid tone) will work well, showing the finish without over-emphasising things.
Photographed on a basic 'diorama' setting, for example grass and concrete, or 'patchy' grass, will give a natural look (depending on lighting) and, if converted to 'grey scale' (B&W), can be compared to period shots of similar, real aircraft.

Very, very nice build.
I will keep it as a reference for when I will do my n.m.f. P-38
Again congratulations
Alberto

Just got the same kit, I hope I can do it half a nice as yours. That would make me happy. I will be asking for your advice from time to time on things that may need a little nip,tuck sort of thing

Just caught up with this build. Fabulous job and a nice set of images to show her off well. Certainly worth the new shelf space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back