Fire Trucks!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
The other day some fire truck pix were posted in the Trucks thread, and it occurred to me that we needed a thread devoted to Fire Fighting Apparatus because who doesn't like a Fire Truck?

I think it would be great to see fire fighting vehicles from other parts of the globe. Here in this area, we have every type of fire fighting vehicle you can imagine because we have urban (includes airport protection), rural and wildland areas combined.

I deal with fire trucks quite a bit at our shop, working on two-way radio equipment and tactical systems (lights, siren, etc). So I have a pretty good collection of photos. :)

Here's some of mine to start with:
IMG 1: Anderson Fire Department, Engine 46
IMG 2: Big Bend, Shasta Co. Fire, Engine 570 (Vintage still in service!)
IMG 3: Capay, Shasta County Fire, Water Tender 180
IMG 4: Cassel, Shasta County Fire, Engine 10
IMG 5: Cottonwood Fire District
IMG 6: Cottonwood Fire District

Attachments

• Anderson_E46.jpg
    Anderson_E46.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2,116
  • BigBend_E570.jpg
    BigBend_E570.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 20,813
  • Capay_WT180.jpg
    Capay_WT180.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 2,105
  • Cassel_E10.jpg
    Cassel_E10.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 2,078
  • Cottonwood_1.jpg
    Cottonwood_1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2,051
  • Cottonwood_2.jpg
    Cottonwood_2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 2,164
Some of the Firemen I've spoken to have said they would like to see European fire equipment in action as a comparison. Also, a few local fire fighters have been to Australia on fires, and have said there's a large number of American firetrucks down there.

I like the European Gallet F1 fire helmet, they look really well designed as far as protection goes. It would be pretty cool to have one to show off at the shop!

Police cars, eh? Those pass through the shop on a daily basis. Right now, I have a Lassen Volcanic National Park Ranger vehicle (Ford Expedition) in the final stages of a full install. Before that, was Tehama County Sheriff and a Trinity County Sheriff Coroner's van. Next week I have Shasta County Sheriff boating safety and U.S. Forest Service Law Enforcement coming in!

I got police cars! :lol:

IMG 1: Firestorm (private fire suppression company) Crew Transport C-1A
IMG 2: Lassen National Forest (U.S.F.S.), Engine 36
IMG 3: Lassen National Forest (U.S.F.S.), Engine 84
IMG 4: Lassen National Forest (U.S.F.S.), Water Tender 3
IMG 5: Klamathe National Forest Transport 1 with Dozer 1
IMG 6: Lassen Volcanic Ranger quad (installed lights siren), the receptionist wanted her pic taken on the quad for her friends...how could I say no?

Firestorm_C-1A.jpg

LNF_E36.jpg

LNF_E84.jpg

LNF_WT3.jpg

KNF_transport.jpg

LNF_quad.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see how you could turn her down GG, she's purty!
To me, there is nothing like a old restored firetruck. I like the lights and chrome and gadgets of the new ones, but the old have special attraction to me. More and more fire departments are restoring their old trucks. Our local firehouse has a nice, old truck. Must be from the late 50's.

My dad used to work Crash Rescue on an Air Force Base and their trucks were fricken huge. I need to find a pic and post it.

Here's some more of my Fire Trucks.

With the exception of a few trucks I have photos of, I've done work in one way or another on all of these (posted or soon to be posted) at some point or another in the past 9 years.

IMG 1: French Gulch, Shasta County Fire, Engine 59
IMG 2: French Gulch, Shasta County Fire, Engine 559 (Sweet classic still in service!)
IMG 3: Happy Valley Fire Department, Engine 44
IMG 4: Happy Valley Fire Department, Engine 344
IMG 5: Happy Valley Fire Department, Engine 744 (Rear body is 1940's military)
IMG 6: Happy Valley Fire Department, Water tender 44

FrenchGulch_E59.jpg
FrenchGulch_E559.jpg
HappyValley_E-44.jpg
HappyValley_E-344.jpg
HappyValley_E-744.jpg
HappyValley_WT-44.jpg

Last edited:
It is pretty cool, isn't it!

It's like the "little engine that could" :lol:

A few years back, when a forest fire broke around French Gulch, the firemen made a stand in town, and refused to let the town burn, and that little engine was in the midst of it.

There were some losses, but all in all, they did a heck of a job saving the town. Here's an article about that fire: Living With Fire -- Times-Standard.com

True that...every place has it's own thing...out here in California you can be sure of a few things, one is that rain will never happen when you need it. The other is that the hills will always burn. It's been this way long before we got here, and it'll be happening long after were gone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back