Fire Trucks! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's an older shot I took of a local 1938 Ford fire truck.
IMG_0178 cropped 40%.jpg

Good looking machine!

It's great to see the old engines preserved like that, thanks for sharing it! :thumbleft:

Here's a few more engines!

IMG 1: Lake Shastina Fire Department, Multi-Use 3110
IMG 2: Lewiston Fire Department, Engine 2334
IMG 3: Montague Fire Department, Engine 515

LakeShastina_3110.jpg
Lewiston_E2334.jpg
Montague_E515.jpg

Last edited:
Like this ?
Cool shot...I wish I still had a photo of my '55 Buick CHP cruiser I owned restored back in the 80's :(

How about all you guys overseas grabbing and posting some shots of your local Fire Apparatus! It'll be cool to see all the different types out there!

Here's a few more, all are from Mountain Gate Fire Department.

IMG 1: Mountain Gate Fire Department, Engine 41 - Poor quality image, (the other was worse) I'll replace it soon.
IMG 2: Mountain Gate Fire Department, Engine 441
IMG 3: Mountain Gate Fire Department, Rescue 41
IMG 4: Mountain Gate Fire Department, Water Tender 41 (A Sterling with Mack mirrors!) :lol:

MountainGate_E41.jpg
MountainGate_E441.jpg
MountainGate_R41.jpg
MountainGate_WT41.jpg

Last edited:
You've had your share GG, my turn! Couple from the neighboring town!

Attachments

• FAIRMOUNT.JPG
    FAIRMOUNT.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 946
  • FAirmount 2.JPG
    FAirmount 2.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 954
  • FAIRMOUNT 3.gif
    FAIRMOUNT 3.gif
    122.1 KB · Views: 942
  • FAIRMOUNT 4.gif
    FAIRMOUNT 4.gif
    108.3 KB · Views: 927
  • FAIRMOUNT 5.JPG
    FAIRMOUNT 5.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,016
More, a friend who is a Vol. Firefighter!

Attachments

• FAIRMOUNT 12.gif
    FAIRMOUNT 12.gif
    137 KB · Views: 920
  • FAIRMOUNT 11.gif
    FAIRMOUNT 11.gif
    167.1 KB · Views: 925
  • FAIRMOUNT 10.gif
    FAIRMOUNT 10.gif
    127.3 KB · Views: 943
  • FAIRMOUNT 7.jpg
    FAIRMOUNT 7.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 906
  • FAIRMOUNT 6.jpg
    FAIRMOUNT 6.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 929
  • FAIRMOUNT 13.gif
    FAIRMOUNT 13.gif
    169.4 KB · Views: 934
  • FAIRMOUNT 14.gif
    FAIRMOUNT 14.gif
    143.7 KB · Views: 909
  • FAURMOUINT15.gif
    FAURMOUINT15.gif
    179.2 KB · Views: 896
Are you a vol. firefighter? You have some nice shots :D
Thanks, and no, I'm not a Vol. :)

Hard to describe my line of work, but it involves the tactical equipment used on all Public Safety vehicles. So in a nutshell, I "build them". This could be anything from just sticking a two-way radio and antenna in it, to a full-blown install that includes lights, siren and related equipment as well as complete covert systems (undercover stuff) which I won't go into detail. I design the systems as well as provide consultation with city, county, state and federal agencies as well as civilian entities.

My line of work puts me in direct contact with all levels of Public Safety: Fire, Law Enforcement, Paramedic OES. I actually deal more with Law Enforcement than I do with any other type of agency.

An example of a typical day would be like today. I dealt with folks from Shasta County Boating safety, Shasta County Marshall, Shasta County District Attorney, Shasta County Sherrif S.W.A.T., City of Shasta Lake Fire, Redding P.D., Redding Fire and Tehama County Sherrif! :thumbleft:

Makes for an interesting day. :lol:

Sounds pretty cool! My dad is a Police Officer! Lol they have dodge chargers as police cars! Lucky.... Just imagine that car with lights and decals. Of course they still have there Ford Explorers, F-150's and Crown Victoria's!

Attachments

• dodge_charger.jpg
    dodge_charger.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,099
Well, time for some more!

Things have been quiet at the shop lately, as far as fire aparatus is concerned, but I might be able to get some shots of the fire equipment at the airport during the airshow in a few weeks.

IMG 1: Park Service, Whiskeytown Nat'l Rec. Area, Engine 2
IMG 2: Red Bluff Fire Department, Engine 1
IMG 3: Red Bluff Fire Department, Engine 2
IMG 4: Red Bluff Fire Department, Engine 3
IMG 5: Red Bluff Fire Department, Truck 1 (110 foot ladder, 800 gallon tank)

ParkService_WNP-E2.jpg
RedBluff_E-1.jpg
RedBluff_E-2.jpg
RedBluff_E-3.jpg
RedBluff_T-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron, like I've said before, it's a great job...I get to live out every kid's dream: Lights and Sirens! :thumbleft:
That last one doesn't look cheap
Good call, Colin! :lol:

One of those Ladder Trucks can get into the 200 thousand dollar range easily!

Red Bluff's was a bit more expensive than Redding's because it has the 800 gallon tank onboard. Redding's relies on either hydrant or water tender for it's supply because it operates within city limnits. Red Bluff's can perform mutual aid in a more rural setting (outside of Red Bluff city limits) and needs it's own supply for initial deployment and is replentished by a water tender if needed.

the town of Abingdon has one just like the last one. They've got it covered in all sorts of lights.
Hope you'll be able to get a photo (or two) of it sometime!

The following photos are of Redding Fire Department's equipment and I have more photos of them for a few reasons. First one being that Redding is one of the largest towns between Sacramento and the Oregon border and that we're based here in Redding, so I'll see more of thier trucks than most other towns. Matter of fact, this week, I'll be going to Redding Airport to work on one of thier foam tankers, I believe it's an Oshkosh (gonna get some photos, too).

IMG 1: Reding Fire Department (retired), "BigRed"
IMG 2: Redding Fire Department (Airport), AR72
IMG 3: Redding Fire Department, Engine 1
IMG 4: Redding Fire Department, Engine 2
IMG 5: Redding Fire Department, Engine 4
IMG 6: Redding Fire Department, Engine 5
IMG 7: Redding Fire Department, Engine 8

Redding_BigRed.jpg
Redding_AR72.jpg
Redding_E-1.jpg
Redding_E-2.jpg
Redding_E-4.jpg