Flight Jackets!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

acerus

Airman
Jun 15, 2009
Flensburg, GER
Hi Everybody,

i received my new A2 Jacket today. For me it is my first A2 ever.
I wonder if some of you Guys own already a Flightjacket (maybe original?).
This one is a new A2 Rough Wear in a great Time Worn Look.
I think this replication is perfect.
Some Pics:

Jacket1.jpg

Jacket2.jpg

Jacket3.jpg

Jacket4.jpg

The Jacket was manufactured by Eastman Leather Clothing.

If you got some Pics of your Flightjacket (original or Replica) post them here.

Hmm, weird... i had never Problems with that.
The Pics are in a resolution of 1024+1365. Thats big but not too big.
If someone else encounter that Problem, please let me know.

I have one original, can get some pics when I am in Stuttgart next time.

I also have my fathers originals (granted they are modern ones from the 1970s, 80s and 90s and Army cloth patterns). I also have 2 of mine that I wore, but they are also Army modern cloth patterns.

I thought about purchasing an B-15 Flightjacket.
If you have any Pics about that Time ....or your Father´s one...
Just let me (us) see....
Grüße nach Bayern

acerus

I've had a couple of them. They actually are pretty good for flying in winter. Odd thing about them, they are just warm enough to wear on the flight line starting in late October (around now) but generally are too warm once you get upstairs and start tooling around (especially if your aircraft has a half decent heater). End up taking it off and having to put it back (in a hurry) when you get back down and have the bird turned off.

Course I don't go above 10K as a general rule but...

Anyway, good jacket to fly in. Worn out about 3 of them. All trashed. Usually get a wear hole right down along the bottom where the elastic and the leather come together.

PS- Nice jacket Acerus.

Got a Cooper A-2 and an Eastman Leather B-3.

Had a original B-3 from WW II but it was too fragile to wear. The Eastman Rough Wear B-3 is as good as it gets, IMHO.

TO

Had my dad's original sheepskin lined plus the sheepskin lined pants to go with it but alas the leather rotted away years ago. if only I knew then what i know now

Beautiful jacket Ace!

I have a bomber jacket knockoff, but certainly not an original.

I do have a couple of my dads, one is a light weight with the leather name tag patch which my son has currently hidden that I need to find. The other is a Type N-3B Modified (warmest jacket I've ever owned):

Attachments

• N-3B.JPG
    N-3B.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 870
hi ....

A-2 jackets at the end of basic flight training was awarded an Army Air Force officer, and always before the end of training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back