Flight Jackets!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, it was a little longer, but here is my A2. I also have my old USAF MA-1 that has been re-patched. Here is my A-2 with the replica artwork. But it is an authentic Cooper A2.

Attachments

• DSC_2809.jpg
    DSC_2809.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_2814.jpg
    DSC_2814.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 205
In a former life I had a WWII art business dedicated to recreating leather patches and jacket art. I burned out on it after about 10 years. It was fun though and I still have alot of jackets I painted for my own collection. This one is my #1...1st one I ever painted and I also solo'ed in this jacket in August of 2001. It's a recreation of a 401stBG Jacket.

jim

soasjpg.jpg

you're the man i need to talk to. i want paint up my cooper and another jacket. i need to know the best paint to use and what kind of prep needs done to the leather, etc..

Thanks! I don't have a current photo of this jacket but it looks the same, after alot of abuse. I make a master drawing and project it on the back. I'll take a liner brush and outline the image on the back and let it dry. Next, take rubbing alchohol and strip the leather finish within the image to be painted. Next...start the finish painting with Tandy Cova Colors.

jim

thanks jimh. been wanting to do this for a long time....now i just have to remember what the original image looked like.

I have two jackets. An Irvin sheepskin flying jacket I brought umpteen years ago...and its still the best jacket I have ever owned !!...and I am now the proud owner of an A2. My problem is I want my nose-art to be painted on my A2, but I am in no way an artist (contrary to what some peeps might say ! :)) and I'm on the lookout for some-one I can trust to make my jacket become a one-off and extra special to me !.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back