Flugwerk Fw 190D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here you go CATCH 22, here is our Dora. We are having a Junker Jumo 213 installed in it instead of the Allison.

Attachments

• Fighter%20Factory%20FW%20190%20D9.JPG
    Fighter%20Factory%20FW%20190%20D9.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 173
  • FW%20190D9N.JPG
    FW%20190D9N.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Fighter%20Factory%20FW%20190%20D9%20Pic%202.JPG
    Fighter%20Factory%20FW%20190%20D9%20Pic%202.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 180
It is not done at all, Theo Nibel flew the plane during Operation Bodenplatte. A bird hit his radiator and down he went. Wrk Nr 210079. This is what it is going to look like.

Attachments

• Leutnant Theo Nibel from 10 JG 54  Varrelbusch Germany  January 1  1945.jpg
    Leutnant Theo Nibel from 10 JG 54 Varrelbusch Germany January 1 1945.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 177
The research I did for my model of Thibel's aircraft, did not indicate the yellow lower cowl or rudder, and they were not mentioned in the crash salvage report. However, one photograph of the wreck suggests, by it's tonal appearance, that the rudder might have been yellow, but after careful examination of the other available photos, I thought not. The mottle on the upper rear fuselage also appeared to use some of the late war colours, in the 'Braunviolet' range.
Here's a couple of pics of the model to show what I mean.

Attachments

• Varus Teutonicus 003.jpg
    Varus Teutonicus 003.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Varus Teutonicus 042.jpg
    Varus Teutonicus 042.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Varus Teutonicus 044.jpg
    Varus Teutonicus 044.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 161
All that is great guys...thanks but the boss has final say. We can pick it apart all we want, it is a beautiful aircraft nevertheless and it will be airworthy. I did most of the research for this plane and I found 3 different paint schemes for it and showed them all 3. So I patiently wait and see...............

No problem Dave, the 'Boss' is always right!
The model is as accurate as possible working from available photographs - illustrations and colour profiles were viewed, but the photos were the reliable source. I did, of course, have the advantage of being trained, and practiced, in photo interpretation and analysis, so my own conclusions might, and in some cases do, differ from those of some profile artists.

Great looking Dora!
The white tips are an eyesore though...not very accurate, health and safety thing I guess, right? ;) :lol:
Would love to see one as a JV44 bird, especially 'Red 13'! 8)

Last edited:
Be nice to have ya on our team Airframes! LOL I am willing to bet with his money he has a team of advisors and all that crap. I just feel lucky to be a close part of history, i mean look I am sitting in our FW 190 White 11, I have be up in various aircraft to include the Dragon Rapide and Stearman.....and I am a few hours away from going up in our P51D. This i do know, he will make the Dora as original as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back