Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice pics David and so much work to do.Unfortunately,I don't have now a camera to get a pic of my but I'll try to take a photos and send later.

Pisis said:
Basically matured modelers (that doesn't mean I am one! :rolleyes: :lol:) do the historical replicas. But i think this isn't even worth to write, right? :lol:

Ano Davide.
But ,sometimes a modeller doesn't have any choice.I made a PZL P-24G some years ago.The fighter wasn't used by The Polish Airforces in September 1939 during The Polish campaign but I wanted to have it with the Polish markings.I like the 113 Squadron ones but there weren't any decals for it.As a result I was forced to make the ones myself.I know that the model is "what if" class but it looks good ( I think ).

Here some pics of my PZL P-24G with Polish markings.

Attachments

• PZL P24G_1.JPG
    PZL P24G_1.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 98
  • PZL P24G_2.JPG
    PZL P24G_2.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 95
  • PZL P24G_3.JPG
    PZL P24G_3.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 96
  • PZL P24G_4.JPG
    PZL P24G_4.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 107
  • PZL P24G_5.JPG
    PZL P24G_5.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 94
Pisis said:
The wyczinanka is cool, wojtek! 8)

Thank you,but some parts have been difficult to fix them together.Good Lord, give me much more patience.:lol:

Yeah, I like this "dwacatctyrzka". I love the way the bicolors were placed - you sure know it, Wojtek, but for the others - this was to make enemy's aiming harder.

Pisis said:
Yeah, I like this "dwacatctyrzka". I love the way the bicolors were placed - you sure know it, Wojtek, but for the others - this was to make enemy's aiming harder.

Yes,the white-red squares were placed in this way to make aiming harder.In addition I have to tell you that there had been made attempts to use a new camo shortly before the Polish campaign started.The new Polish camo would be similar to the German one.

BTW Thank you P38

Here two pics of P-11c "white 3" with two-tone camo scheme.The pics were taken in September 1939 near Pultusk after the a/c had been captured by German troops.The plane was flown by Cpl. Antoni Joda from 152 squadron. In September the 9th of 1939 during his recco patrol Joda was forced to land because of the engine failure.It seems that the dark green and the Polish khaki colours were used as the camo on upper surfaces and the light grey or light blue-grey on the lower ones.

source unknown.

Attachments

• PZL P11c_captured.jpg
    PZL P11c_captured.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 97
  • PZL P11c_captured_.jpg
    PZL P11c_captured_.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 88
Pisis said:
Hmm, interesting.
That doesn't sound much Polish, rather Italian... Or it could be Antonín, than he'd be Czechoslovak.

Hmm,I have to check it but I think he was a Pole.His first name is popular in all countries.
in Poland Antoni,
in Italy Antonio
in England(USA) Anthon
etc.

BTW the link to site with colour profiles of "white 3"
Polskie Si³y Powietrzne

Ok folks, when I get the pics up, please don't be too mad at me. I still stink at painting, and the stupid brushes I use don't help much. I don't know if you guys go for this, but I try to keep detail lines, but apparently I should have thinned this new paint a bit because it covered most of them completely, leaving me to thing of taking a grey Sharpy and put in panel lines.
Here's one of my scifi models, although mine is set up with a comander antenna and a MG reminicent of the MP40. The green guy is the "cannon fodder" of the series, although the other side's Mass Produced stuff doesnt fair too well either. The other model is one I'm working on, which is the "good guy" or "hero" if the term can be used in a series that emphasizes the efforts of many to win a war, not just some uber powerful weapon. They're both 1/100th Master Grade models, which means there is internal detailing, and joint covers (see: pain in the but to put together, only to cover with armor later on).
As a side note, that massive gun was the first thing I put together, just cause its massive and cool looking ^__^
http://www.hlj.com/images/ban/ban48517.jpg
http://www.hlj.com/images/ban/ban920466.jpg

MacArther said:
I still stink at painting, and the stupid brushes I use don't help much.

I don't agree with this.The brush is really a very useful tool.Your problem with painting is caused by the enamel you've used.What enamel do you use?

Eh, I just use Testor's paint. As per the image stolen thing ::slapping self on wrist:: Bad Mac, Bad Mac. Anyway, I'll try the main link to both of them. As per the remark about the brushes, its not the type of tool I hate, just my particular brushes, cause most of them need to soak before I try modeling otherwise their bristles are as hard as rocks, no matter how much I cleaned them the last time I used them.
green cannon fodder guy
1/100 MS-06F/J Zaku II (MG)

Massive gun guy
1/100 MG RX-78-4 Gundam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back