FLYBOYJ´s new sortie (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And I know this might sound stupid to some, but of all of the conversations with Joe I've had over the years, the one that sticks out most, was his comment about his daughter's description of his car: it was "fluffy".
I have no idea why this sticks in my mind, but it's a good memory and I ribbed him about it a few times in the years since.

Marcel, can you use your keyword program you developed a while back, to find aircraft joe mentioned most?
Wojtek, Chris and I are working on it. We already decided on the L-29.
Would it be possible for one (or two) of you who knew him well to put together a short biography of Joe? I would certainly appreciate it.

Jim
Yes, we are also working on that, but it takes time. We're recovering from the shock first :(

Dave - I would be greatly surprised if Not P-38.
Marcel, can you use your keyword program you developed a while back, to find aircraft joe mentioned most?
I'll see if my code still works. I haven't maintained it for years and the forum has changed since, But I'll give it a go.

edit: my code doesn't work anymore. Forum's html has changed.

Last edited:
Dave - I would be greatly surprised if Not P-38.
Agreed.
I just did a "FlyboyJ" keyword search for "P-38" versus "L-29" and P-38 resulted in 10 pages of results versus 5 for L-29.

However, there is this comment from Dominik's "v2's 3xP's (Poland/Planes/People)" page, post #7,640:
[L-29] Will always be near and dear to my heart. The girl isn't bad either

And then he shared quite a bit of L-29 info (and photos) in this thread:

Last edited:
The L-29 (not 39) simply comes from his past time crew chiefing the L-29 at the Reno races, and his father in law piloting them.
This stupid phone has an "autofill" feature that screws with me on occasion.

It is "supposed" to be L-29 but it changes it - and it tried again, just now. Twice.

Good thing I don't have the speech-to-text active, otherwise this post would have dozens of cuss words, too. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back