FLYBOYJ´s new sortie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A close friend (and fellow US military veteran) passed unexpectedly in Jan 2022 at 58 years young - I guess the news about FLYBOYJ hit me hard enough to dim my wits... otherwise I would have posted this back in early Feb.

RIP AT2 Chuck Hartley USN(RET) and FLYBOYJ.

And also Warren Zevon, deceased due to cancer 7 September 2003.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMTKb-pgxGI

Warren Zevon was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in late 2002, this song was the last he ever recorded, and it was released on his final album The Wind, released on 26 August 2003.

Last edited:
This is the video that his daughters played at his memorial service.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiatuKIrdoA

A very nice tribute to a man who definately deserved it. RIP.
So sorry to read of J's passing.
He was the first guy here who bothered to comment on my posts.
I always had the feeling he was a very genuine guy and I feel blessed to have had his acquaintance.
Miss ya, Flyboy but I figure you're having the best time in your next life right now. :) ❤️ 🌈

Last edited:
To whom are you directing this?
FLYBOYJ passed away on 5 February.

Who are you posting to? Joe passed away shortly after this thread was started.
It's an unfortunate mistake. I've edited the original post so this is more clear to people who read it.

Fair winds and following seas, Shipmate! The young aviator who draws you for Guardian Angel will be unknowing Always of the source of the good fortune that saves their bacon time and again, but we here in Forum Land will know it's A Man Named Joe.

My nephew passed his Private checkride (flying colors) the day you left us. Quick work, Bro! :pilotsalute:

He could be pistol especially if you caught his ire but he was a good man at heart with a wealth of knowledge and stories. He will be missed. I have been MIA for a long time with different distractions....hope to make it back here more regularly.
He was a passionate aviation enthusiast like the rest of us and an absolute expert on many elements of aviation. I was shocked to hear of his passing and regret not having spoken with him more often as his comments were a part of what made this forum so special. Joe's passing is a reminder to not take our conversations with each other for granted.

My Forum Brothers;

I´m reaching out to let you know about a new journey I´m about to take. Several months ago a series of blood clots were found on my calves. Very long story short, my doctors found masses on my liver, pancreas and lungs - not looking too great. I´m supposed to have a biopsy within the next few days to find out what these ¨masses¨ are. Although I´m a hopeless-optimist, I´m preparing for the worse, hoping for the best.

My spirits and fighting will is high and I´m prepared to take on the battle with my four .50s and 20mm blazing. Shit, I was riding my bike just the other day and still work out like I´m in my 40s! I wanted to put this out to you guys before some of you who follow me on ¨FartBook" see it there.

I´ll be around for a while so you guys will just have to continue with my BS! :) I´ll update accordingly! Czech your 6 and keep the faith!

-FBJ-

edit from the forum team: unfortunately Joe passed away on February 5th

Sad and prayers for your family and loved ones. Im tired of losing friends, being 76, I'm just in in the age where this happens too often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back