Flying Legends 2019.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like I missed a great show this year...(Not complaining tho :) ) Awesome shots guy's, keep 'em coming !

I dished out more bacon and likes then i ever have on this forum. Hope your hearts are healthy. I know not every shot taken makes it to a good one, but boy...you 'all got eyes that can easely compete with professionals. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you.

Thank you for the compliment !

As mentioned earlier, a new attraction this year was the 'Ultimate Fighter Team', with Richard Grace flying the Buchon, Dave Puleston in the Spitfire LF.Vc, John Gowdy in the P-47, and Andy Durston with the TF-51D.
The Team provided a stunning display of precision, close formation aerobatics, no mean feat in such different types, as well as dual displays in the P-47 and TF-51D, with a 'dog fight' between the Buchon and Spitfire.
Unfortunately, what could have been some of the better shots, were against back-lit cloud, or direct into the sun, resulting in silhouettes, but I managed to grab a few reasonably decent pics, divided between this and the next post.

FL 120.jpg
FL 121.jpg
FL 122.jpg
FL 123.jpg
FL 124.jpg
FL 125.jpg
FL 126.jpg
FL 127.jpg
FL 128.jpg
FL 129.jpg
FL 130.jpg
FL 131.jpg

The Spitfire LF.Vc engaged in a 'dog fight' with the Buchon, eventually out-turning the 'enemy' and getting on its tail, when it gave it a good talking to !
With the Buchon smoking, the pair went off to become friends again, whilst the P-47 and TF-51 performed a dual display, before the four aircraft joined in formation again.

Glad you're enjoying this coverage of Flying Legends 2019, and I'll be back soon with more of the show.

FL 132.jpg
FL 133.jpg
FL 134.jpg
FL 135.jpg
FL 136.jpg
FL 137.jpg
FL 138.jpg
FL 139.jpg

I see you guys can speak fluent sarcasm.

Great pics Terry. Judging by your black X now I think the fence was there the last time I attended. I managed to sneak a spot there long enough to get some taxi shots but didn't catch any flying. They were landing and taking off toward the west then, opposite to what you have this time around.

Nice work Terry. Of the Battle of Britain display, wot, no 'Urricanes??? The purists will have something to grumble about; "The Urricane shot down more enemy aircraft blah blah..."

That Spitty-Buchon-Mustang-P-47 display looks terrific and reminds me of the Breitling Fighters with Ray Hanna in the lead.

Thanks Grant.
Yes, strange that there were no Hurricanes, more so as Gary (Geedee) informed me that there were seven at Old Warden the week before Legends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back