Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Braunen 4, W.nr.500647 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

... and Ive just had a lesson in what happens when you DONT properly clean the surface of the metal you're trying to transfer to. Parts of the mask transferred perfectly - except for the little 'splotches' which probably represent the finger prints of the people who packaged the brass. Mental Note: always chemically clean a surface before transferring a mask! ;)

Gentelmen it's a kind of hijacking of a thread. Zaggy I would suggest starting your own thread about the build.

Happy new year everyone!

Cheers Dan and Steve for the info, and Wojtek too!

No problem with the build progress posted here, but it does deserve a thread of it's own I think - some great work Dan! Looks like I've got some fun ahead of me..!
Have an idea for the engine mounts, which I'll post on your thread.

Aaron, thanks for your offer mate! Will PM you shortly.

Please keep up your info on schemes guys, very interested in your opinions/ advice...

Cheers, Evan

Cheers for the interest guys!

Will be done, just no idea when... work projects and things promised for others take priority at the moment, pending the next big move.

Looking forward to it. You were doing a great job so far. I may do a Black 6 companion build when you restart but I'm leaving all the hatches closed!

Thanks Andy, and like the dual build idea - when were you thinking of starting? If you don't mind my slow progress, could plan a restart on mine say feb/ march.

Actually, I had mine planned for way out in GB 36 but I'm not married to that plan. I wonder if we have a couple of other volunteers for an unofficial "Dora" build some time this year?

Yup. And that's pretty much all that was left of it. Other published pics show this machine as a smoking ruin. There's supposed to be a colour pic of this machine in private hands in Holland showing Black 6 when it was intact. Someone who was given access to the pic took copious notes and it's these notes that form the basis of Crandall's profiles. I'm not sure if there's any other info out there on this machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back