Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Braunen 4, W.nr.500647 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Gerry and Paul, I hope so!

out and about today so not much progress - did make a start on the main fueslage access panel though...

STA52752.JPG
STA52753.JPG

Missed this one , Great build mate! I admire you to undertake something like this in 1/72 , I wouldn't have a hope

Actually not too pleased with some of the results to be honest, expect much more of myself. Hoping to be able to corrrect and improve certain areas as the build progresses (including above hatch)...

Mate your doing great , give yourself a break , just over thinking things maybe?...Perfectionist thing going on eh? know the feeling , went through similar thoughts lately with 1/32 RNZAF A4 I got going

Thanks guys!

Daniel, thanks mate, and don't knock yourself either - I still remember your Halifax modifications..! (Would love to see that Skyhawk...)

Evan this is real impressive work .

Thanks Jerry, Cory and Andy! (I'm far from that stage yet though Andy! :))

Still thinning Braunen 4's fueslage interior, and sanding both sets of Me 262 wings - pics up when something to show.

I'm not sure if its been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but why not drag this back to the fore also - who around here is not really OK with the 'different by every source' camo for 500647 - Brown 4? And is there any sort of general thinking that is favoured for this a/c? I'm doing a 1/48 Dragon + AML Tail rendition of Brown 4 (tho also doing a similiar Academy based super-detail project on 211164 - Black <4 - + -, but thats different story) and havent started primarily due to the confusion around the camo...

i) JaPo vol.II seems to be suggesting that the a/c fuselage is the 'grey/green' late war side colour, with almost exclusively RLM81 upper (which seems to be consistent with what is beleived to be the scehem on 500666 - Yellow 15) - however both these a/c scheme seem to be at odds with what is generally regarded as the 500-series Mimmetall scheme.
ii) Then consulting Eagle Editions vol.II, we're confronted with a very different scheme, that appears to be the same 'grey/green' side colour, but with uppers on RLM82 along the power-egg, gun covers, canopy until it becomes RLM81 on the spine and back to the tail.
iii)Then we have the AML research that says the same 'grey/green' sides, RLM81 power-egg then RLM82 gun-cover, canopy and spine back to the tail (with a hint of 81 beneath the 82 until we reach the cockpit.

And thats just the research I consider reliable (however these also appear to fail to consider things like the horizontal tail top surfaces on 500666 being in what appears to be 'grey/green' and RLM81 (or 82) - tho part of me thinks the 500666 tail surfaces may simply be a result of fading)...

So, without getting into an EE vs JaPo debate, what do others see/feel about "Brown 4" camo???

Dan

Oh and I personally am leaning towards the 'if in doubt, trust JaPo' solution; but a virtually entirely brown upper fuselage on a Dora?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back