Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Braunen 4, W.nr.500647 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Btw, in your opinions do any other hatches need opening?

I think if you made these fuel hatches open the one for the MW-50 refilling should be open too.
A very nice job so far Evan. :D

Looking good indeed Evan. There's some pics of the inside of the hatch covers in the stuff I'm sending which might help. They all have 'perforated' inner skins, so lots of small drilling work to do methinks !!

G'day guys!

Thanks alot for your comments and advice - really much appreciated!

Spent about 4 hours on tuesday night scouring photos of Braunen 4 - seems all visible fueslage (and most wing) access panels and hatches are either open or removed... ton of fun with this girl yet! :)

Not much work done since, mostly researching, but 2 more hatches and the instrument panel coaming gone... anyone have any details on the lower starboard one?

Threw in a pic of 'things to come' too, one of 3 choices of engine: this one the Dragon Ta 152 item...

STA52686.JPG
STA52687.JPG
STA52688.JPG
STA52689.JPG
STA52690.JPG
STA52691.JPG
STA52692.JPG
STA52693.JPG

STA52694.JPG

Cheers guys!

...yeah Terry, this rudder thingamajig goes on the nacelle air intake I think, and the wheels each side of the canopy...not sure where these extra screws came from though..?

Actually most hatches won't be 'open' as such, the radio hatch is almost closed (but just 'almost' hence the necessity of opening), the others MW-50 and fuel filler ports. There are 2 more stbd side hatches to go yet, plus the lifting brace, and the main access hatch and damaged rear section port side, not to mention the tail or wing hatches. More to come!

Andy! :lol: ...and dzieki Wojtku!

..And a very big THANKS! to our friend Terry, who sent me a nice little CD full of Fw 190 and Me 262 info! VERY much appreciated mate, will be a great help! :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back