Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Braunen 4, W.nr.500647 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Overviews...

STA52392.JPG
STA52391.JPG
STA52393.JPG

"Hi, my name is Evan. I've been modelmaking on and off for a while...handled the habit for a bit, but have been getting a terrible itching in my hands for a while now...I just have to look at plastic, and that Alice Cooper song starts playing in my head: 'Chop chop chop'..."

(Btw cheers Karl! :) )

Latest progress. Unfinished, and far from perfect process, but learning from my mistakes atleast...

STA52415.JPG
STA52414.JPG
STA52416.JPG
STA52417.JPG
STA52418.JPG
STA52419.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Jerry!

Actually not too pleased with some of the results to be honest, expect much more of myself. Hoping to be able to corrrect and improve certain areas as the build progresses (including above hatch)...

Hatch since improved, inside walls yet to be thinned.

Anyone have detail photos of the two fuel filler hatches forward of this panel? These are the next to go...
Also, in the portside photo of Braunen 4 (pages 1 and 2 of this thread), looks to me like the radio hatch is half open. Your opinions?

Goodness me Even, that is some surgery your undertaking, are you by chance the bush surgeon! This is great stuff mate. As for bits still sitting in the wood, I reckon that would almost be a certainty.

Do you mean these fuel hatch interiors Pal? The first image is is with the rear starboard one ( the front one there was exactly the same I think) and there is the port side MW50 fuel port in the second shot.

Attachments

• fw190d wlew rear fill.jpg
    fw190d wlew rear fill.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 158
  • fw190d wlewMW50.jpg
    fw190d wlewMW50.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 140
Have a good weekend Even.

Thanks also Thomas, wish I was there and able to roam around checking these places out even though they would be much changed over the years. But just to be able to stand on the spot and imagine, that would be enough.

I will be in the near future there, maybe i can make som photos so you can imagine the landscape better

Last edited:
Cheers Terry, any info would be much appreciated!

Wojtku...Dzieki!!!! Absolutely perfect!!
Thankyou too for the great advice re cutting techniques (sent in PM), tomorrow's work should be much better :)

Latest: rudder removed as resin item too good to waste...Braunen 4's severely damaged rudder will come from the spares box or scratch.
(server dosen't want pics to be in correct order for some reason)

Btw Thomas, I'd be keen to see pics of the area if it's no trouble, especially round the wood cuttings...

Attachments

• STA52428.JPG
    STA52428.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 143
  • STA52430.JPG
    STA52430.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back