Focke-Wulf fw190A-8/R2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weinace

Airman 1st Class
Jan 4, 2009
Yorkshire UK
Good morning (in UK) to all!
Can anyone tell me if they know of a source for decals for Klaus Scheneider's Fw190A-8/R2 'Red 1' - Rauhbautz - in 48th. scale?
I'd like to build his 'plane but my searches have all come up zero.
warm regards,
weinace:p

As memory serves the decals were on one of the AeroMaster AMD48-231,AMD48-232,AMD48-233 decal sheets

Attachments

• FW190A8R2 5SturmJG300 1944.jpg
    FW190A8R2 5SturmJG300 1944.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 295
Thanks VERY much for rapid reply - will now try and buy decals.
Warm regards,

Thanks VERY much for hyperscale link and side view.
Am now trying to buy decals, but can also now look at 'how to build' my 'plane!!!
Warm regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly, 'Rauhbautz' should be in Red...I'm sure Erich confirmed this....it most certainly is Red in the profile from the JG300 book.

Comparing to other Sturmbock profiles of 5./JG300 it appears that it should have been of red colour.

yes the name is in red possibly with yellow outline I have to dig that out though. spinner would be black with white spiral, depending on which Raubautz he flew the undercowling may or may not be yellow

Attachments

• Fw190ARote1.jpg
    Fw190ARote1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 187
a couple of pics show what appears to be a darker under-cowling though it should be yellow and not red. also note the spinner which appears to be white with a red or black stripe but may in fact just be the overall motion giving spurious detailing ........

looking through the Crandall's fantastic 2 volumes on JG 300 it would appear from profile evidence that yes the lettering is in red outlined with Black used for shading, no yellow.

the pic put up shows a Red 1 but no Panzerplatten on this machine

Attachments

• Rote1a.jpg
    Rote1a.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
That's true .I think it's caused by misreading of the colour because of the lack of covering a kind of negatives.

Erich!
Thanks for your continued contribution to this theme and the most excellent images!!
Warm regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back