Fonderie Miniture 1/48 Handley Page Hampden [ pics ]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like the plane, a B-10 is b*** ugly, this is just unattractive. Nice job on the plane.

DBII

The only noticable problem area seems to be that port wing to fueslage join.

god if you had seen the way this kit was anybody else would have binned it :rolleyes: ,the wings where terrible for fit it was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, the underside of the wing doesn't look that bad its just the shadow, its about 1/2 mm too much i could not thin it down any more as the area where the join is is wafer thin, the wing where it should butt upto the fuselage was about 5mm too thick, so if you looked at it, it was like looking at some steps :evil:

just take a look at what i had to put up with this shite....

i think there are some fit problems, just look at the quality of the moulding

A4K get a straight edge and put it from the right handside where the curve part meets the flat bit, where the wing will butt up, then put the straight edge across to the other side. NOTICE HOW STRAIGHT IT IS :evil: :evil: , also is the arc part where the lower gun goes did i level it off or fill it ?

what can i say

i'll be putting some pistures of the halifax on tonite.

ian.

This is a good example of a modeller's patience NC.:D

:cool: Ian.

And I thought my Airfix kit was bad!!!
You certainly had your trials with that one, to achieve such a beautiful result with it just shows what a talented modelmaker you are!

I guess you had to scratch-build alot of detail too, judging by the mouldings?

And I thought my Airfix kit was bad!!!
You certainly had your trials with that one, to achieve such a beautiful result with it just shows what a talented modelmaker you are!

I guess you had to scratch-build alot of detail too, judging by the mouldings?

talented my arse !, just got the patience :lol:

you do get seats/flight panel/side detail panels in the kit but these are a mixture of metal and plastic for which none of them fit :evil: and require alot of work to make them fit nice.

when i made up the inside and stuck it on one side i couldn't close the two fuselage halves up as the interior was too wide :mad:

i just hope who ever builds this kit has as much success as me :lol: i do know of a guy who started one and binned it after 4 days of sweat and swear words and said it's unbuildable.... i said get out nothing is unbuildable look at mine he was speechless that i finished mine :p

ian.

A proper attitude towards modelling.:D
Keep it up Ian. :thumbleft:

Just bought the Hampden sight unseen, I knew the reputation of FM but thought I'd take the chance. I'm slightly discouraged by the drawbacks you've pointed out, but with 50+ years of modeling experience, I'm going to give it a try. Maybe not in the next few weeks or even months as I have several other projects in mind to complete first:32nd Sea Fury and Trumpter's F8F-1 Bearcat and a couple of 48th Corsairs. I'm doing a couple of 24th rally cars now and when I get them finished I'm going to hop on the Sea Fury.
Ol' 45

Just had to visit this old lassie again Ian....outstanding work! Do we dare hope that Trumpeter will save they as they did somewhat with the Wellington...? :lol:

Just seen this thread Ian. great work on what looked like a b***h of a kit!
I was considering, possibly, getting the FM Halifax, but if it's as bad as that, I'm not shelling out for it; I'd rather have TWO of the new Tamiya Lancs!

Sorry Ian, haven't seen your Hali build. The write-up I read in a mag a while back made it look good, but the reviewer didn't build it. If it's as bad as the Hampden for fit etc., I'll take your word for it, and stay clear! Had to make a choice anyway, due to space - Halifax, Lancaster? Lanc wins, no probs! If I decide on a Halifax diorama, I'll try dropping to 1/72nd scale - it'll make a change!

Hi its true fm are bad i looked at the hamden and thought better of it my have comes off to for such a great job.

I wish someone would do a decent Hampden in 1:72, the Airfix kit is atrocious...

Yeah I know ,also a resonably priced one to ,the last couple that sold on trademe have been quite expensive.I think one even got up over 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back