For you J-35 Draken/Dragon fans....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah and is this friggin awesome or what!?!?!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 321
I LOVE the J-35 Draken..! That one, a F-8 Crusader, F-104 Starfighter, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21 and a F-86 Sabre in my hangar and I'm a happy man...! :lol:

I was born in Linkoping, Sweden where the SAAB factory is located. My father was the resident Professional at Linkoping Golf Club from 1965 to 1972.
Many of the pilots from the SAAB plant and nearby Flygvapnet bases used to take golf lessons from my father and so consequently we used to get invited to various open days etc. I have a few photos of me aged 3 or 4 sitting in a Draken cockpit which I will post when I can find them. Interestingly the Flygvapnet pilots used to say the best "pilots plane" they had flown was the Hawker Hunter ! We moved back to Blighty in '72. I was now obsessed with planes (still am !) and could not build enough kits, one being the Airfix 1/72nd scale SAAB Draken. Unfortunately it melted on the parcel shelf in my fathers Triumph 2000 car whilst baking in the hot sun of Summer '76 !!! Ahhh those were the days !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back