Ford Island Airshow today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think its cool if any guys get a chance to go to the less well known displays if they can get a picture or two and post them I realise this one didnt have any WW2AC members present but you get my drift, some in my area only have a few war birds amoungst the other aircraft on show but its nice to see them make an appearance.

Even if it was a small show, just being at the place exploring around Ford Island would be well worth the trip. I bet you can almost feel the history there. Would be a cool experience.

I think its cool if any guys get a chance to go to the less well known displays if they can get a picture or two and post them I realise this one didnt have any WW2AC members present but you get my drift, some in my area only have a few war birds amoungst the other aircraft on show but its nice to see them make an appearance.

I've got some pics I took at the museum late last year if you want to see 'em. No airshow but I did get some shots inside the restoration hangar.

If you want them I"ll get them downsized and upload them. Just let me know if you want them here or in another thread.

Gary

I've got pics from back when they towed the Mo' back into Pearl Harbor. I was in the shipyard, sitting on top of a barge right on the channel. Had to back my lense out to get the pics....I'll have to see if I can find em, scan em and post em. Unfortunately the museum wasn't built while I was stationed there (heck, the bridge to Ford Island wasn't built! You had to either take a ferry, or a small-boat)...although, from the website's map, I think that hangar was the one previously used for long-term storage. I parked my car there while on deployment, only to come back to a dead battery. Fun stuff.

I'd love to see any of the pics any of you guys have RA GaryMcL! I want to visit Pearl soo bad.

When I got to visit the Arizona, it was probably the most moving WW2 experience I have ever had. I can only imagine that going to the cemetery at Arlington or Normandy could top it.

When I got to visit the Arizona, it was probably the most moving WW2 experience I have ever had. I can only imagine that going to the cemetery at Arlington or Normandy could top it.

I've been to Arlington. Watching the guard change at the Tomb of the Unknown is very moving. I also saw where JFK was buried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back