JAAF also evaluated about 70 Fiat BR 20s, which they used as a stopgap in 1937, pending the delivery of the KI-21.
In 1943 the Japanese transferred about 6 B-10s that they had captured in NEI to the RSAF.
Japanese also captured a number of P-40Bs, H-75s CW21s from the Dutch, and one or two Buffaloes in Malaya. Dont know what happened in the Philipinnes.
I have never been able to determine for sure if the Japs captured any Wirraways when they captured Rabaul in early '42
I have read an interesting story but not sure if its true. The first bombing of Hanoi is credited to some off-duty AVG pilots in Rangoon. AVG had a habit of completely flouting every regulation put up by the British authorities. For example, their standard flying gear, apparently, was hawaiian shirts. They also had a legendary capacity for the consumption of alcohol. Anyway, one night after a heavy binge drinking session, apparently they decided that they wanted to bomb Hanoi, of all places. They convinced a sober (I hope) C-47 pilot to fly them there and then proceeded to load every empty whisky and wine bottle, as well as the numerous amounts of Russian and Chinese ordinance (dont ask me how it got to Rangoon, I am just re-telling the story) into the Dakota. They then flew to Hanoi, (maybe), and dropped this load of ordinace onto their intended victims.
I dont know if this is true, but if it is, its a helluva story