from the shelf of doom. Special Hobby 1/32 Tempest Mk V (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got all of the invasion stripes done. They are just like the originals, not straight nor even in width. Since this is just a practice model I really don't care. I also applied the decals. They are as thick as the old Hasegawa and Academy decals but they did respond well to Tamiya Markfit decal solution. I am pleased how they came out. I do have a couple more to add and then I can put on the gear, prop and all the fiddly bits that make you cringe when you build a kit.

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

I am headed into the home stretch here. All of the difficult things are complete and all that I have left to do is a couple of decals, fiddly bits and the weathering. This will sit for a bit until I get back into the swing of things after some sort of two day thing that had me under the weather.

The Barracuda cowl resin set is pretty good but the only gripe I had was with the spinner assembly that came with the upgrade. No matter how much I sanded I I did not get the back plate to fit well inside the spinner. I used too dark a gray for the dark sea gray so the contrast is pretty poor there. The stripes are kind of wonky but I really don't care at this point.The landing gear, which I was thinking would give me trouble, went in with out any problems. Some of the gear bay innards should be placed before and some after the wings go together. you need to really read the instructions thoroughly and then make a decision when, what and should I paint it now. Most modelers paint the inside of the gear bay and gear doors interior green which may be OK but I chose to keep it light gray, the same color as the underside, in accordance to some of the pictures I saw.

Here is a shout out to all of you guys that have given me inspiration and encouragement.

More to come after the weathering.

Cheers

Paul

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg