Fw190A-8

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If i may give you a hint, take an old creditcrard bankcard etc paint the thing whit anny collor you like i would use grey.
Then try diffrent types of techniqe the one i used for my BF109 was a simple houshold sponge, i ripped a peace off and taped it on a cocktail stick.
Then i dipped it in the paint and let it suck up the paint, then use a dry cloth and get the paint of the sponge unthil there is nerly anny paint left on it.
Then gently touche the creditcard/bancard you painted and c what happens if you press harder the spots will get bigger if you do it to fast you wil get a smugde of paint so take your time doing this.
PS wait when the card has dryed overnight.
Then you can use the model of 4.90 and try to make a decend model out of it have funn.

the more time you take building a model the better it looks plus intrernet has lots of info of how to do things building reports etc, me myself am building a USS Missourri 1/350 the thing is from the deck up scratch and it took me 8 mounths of building time now and its still not finished.
One time it took me 8 hours in total to build a thing for the ankerchane that was no bigger then 6mm by 4mm

Regards Ron

Mission Probable

Keith will receive a little something in the mail from me after the 10th (Payday!).. his mission? To build said model with the guidence of Wurger, Ron and Wayne, posting pictures in a thread as he goes. Slowly!

His reward? A bottle of the finest brandy known to mankind. Providing he does a good job obviously. :D

Keith, will you accept the Maximowitz challenge? Will Wurger, Ron and Wayne help please?

Stay tuned and don't change that channel...

Holy Cr*p Bat Man :lol:

What a challenge. Just hope i have all the paints ( the wright ones at that ) to do a good job on the model :?:

Yes i will accept the Maximowitz challenge :shock: :oops:

Mission Probable

Keith will receive a little something in the mail from me after the 10th (Payday!).. his mission? To build said model with the guidence of Wurger, Ron and Wayne, posting pictures in a thread as he goes. Slowly!

His reward? A bottle of the finest brandy known to mankind. Providing he does a good job obviously. :D

Keith, will you accept the Maximowitz challenge? Will Wurger, Ron and Wayne help please?

Stay tuned and don't change that channel...

Yeah...no worries I'm about the place...will help any way I can!:D

....now what was the model again...:rolleyes:

i see your point in just getting a practice plan, but maybe get a few sheets of paper and try different effects on that. Paper is a lot less than 4.90 a sheet!!

I remember you asking about airbrushes recently and mottling is one discipline where it comes into its own. but still raid the model shop's cheapy bin and have fun because that's just as important when starting out as getting a good result. If you are not enjoying it the hobby will not last long!

What model Wayne? The Maximowitz Challenge is..... *roll on drums*...

A nice kit in 1/48 I think. This will give Keith and all those who intend to help him time to prepare and offer him advice and support, in whatever way they think fit.

I don't care what JG Keith builds it as, that's up to him. Looks like he'll need some swastikas for the tail though...

I'll just point out that this is Wojtek's favourite aircraft. He works for the Polish Airforce, has access to heat seeking missiles and knows where you live Keith. If you don't want him to call in an airstrike on your house don't f*ck it up. :lol::lol:

Attachments

• Dora.jpg
    Dora.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 56
What model Wayne? The Maximowitz Challenge is..... *roll on drums*...

A nice kit in 1/48 I think. This will give Keith and all those who intend to help him time to prepare and offer him advice and support, in whatever way they think fit.

I don't care what JG Keith builds it as, that's up to him. Looks like he'll need some swastikas for the tail though...

I'll just point out that this is Wojtek's favourite aircraft. He works for the Polish Airforce, has access to heat seeking missiles and knows where you live Keith. If you don't want him to call in an airstrike on your house don't f*ck it up. :lol::lol:

Ah...the Dora 9....MY favourite aircraft too!!:D

Not a difficult kit to build, pretty much on par with the Fw190A-3 kit from Tamiya...little care and builds up real nice!

Yup, my thinking too Wayne. Most of you have built one, there's plenty of reference material on the crate and we have quite a few Dora-9 experten here to help.

No... not a Bf 110. Not this time anyway. :D

I've never built a Dora so this should and will be fun, so i will need all the help i can get with this.

thanks Ron

i'll need it, i'll need major help with this kit

After looking at the Doras in the group build:shock: on order are a few tins of revell grey for my Fw190A-3 they should be here mid week so they should be ok for the Dora( says he hopefully ):lol::lol:

I want a tamiya kit, Maglar will accept the maximowitz challenge!!! :lol: Ive never mottled before, beside, knock em dead keith!!

Yep....but you are a lucky man Keith you can choose the kind of missiles. Here you are..... :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• Su22.jpg
    Su22.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Su22_1.jpg
    Su22_1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Su22_2a.jpg
    Su22_2a.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back