Fw190A6 Sturmjager of Sturmstaffel1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you mates. I appreciate....

Today it is raining almost all day long and it is a cloudy day.I don't like the kind of the weather when I'm working on models.It's too dark.Anyway I sanded a little bit the fuselage and fitted the cockpit conopy.As you notice the cockpit conopy is too short now because of making the fuselage longer.But the main problem is that the lower edge of it is of an incorrect angle to the fuselage and there a piece of polistyrene has to be added at the end of it.That's way the white piece of plastic there in pics.Comparing the conopy to drawings I've gotten an idea of adding something like a wedge to the bottom edges of the conopy what will let me to get the correct angle and the conopy correct lenght.

Attachments

• fus8a.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 140
  • fus8b.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 218
  • fus8c.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 144
  • fus8d.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 210
  • fus8e.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 143
Then the oleo pressures need setting, and a retraction test completed, before engine tests and taxying trials. There's more work and dedication gone into this than a new Flug Werke 190!!
Marvellous!

Wurger could you scratch-build a frame at the front of the canopy to lengthen it? Or not possible?

Of course it is possible but the difference in the conopy lenght is about 2mm.So 2mm x 72 = 144mm = 14.4cm. Well..I don't think the frame was of the width. That's way it will be easier to add some of plastic like you can see in the pic below.

THX Marek.

Attachments

• cockpit1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 150

Users who are viewing this thread