Gathering of Mustangs and Legends, 2007

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, but at the time to make travel arrangements, it wasn't in the budget. I am starting a reserve cash account for these types of events for the future. I still have a few items to get to complete my whole kit, then I will be expense free, aside from travel and food, and any replacement items.

Seesul, I did overhead that there will be a DVD produced. Person said they had pulled each of the Mustangs into one of hangars one by one to take pictures and videos. He said it may take them up to a year to produce the DVD though;( Keep an eye out on the AirshowBuzz Link I put on my previous post as they hosted the event, or go to the link for the event as I'm sure it will be listed there once it is available.
The Gathering of P-51 Mustangs and Legends, Sept 27-30, 2007, Columbus, Ohio, Rickenbacker Field

The picture's I have seen look great, Those Mustangs look so cool flying in formation.

I wish I could have been there.

Does anybody what the biggest formation of Mustangs there was? And maybe have a picture of it?

Ok I found some on Flikr:

220E6909 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
220E6904 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
220E6823 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And a Polikarpov because it's cool.

840439428_57cc1ce408.jpg

They flew 20 on Saturday, made a giant 51 in the sky. Not sure what the count was on Sunday as I was not there. They were going to put up 51 Mustangs on Sunday, but that fell through. I think it was 20 again though?

Nice, that was a pretty neat formation. Got a simular pic as well. Still trying to recocover pictures from a memory card I accidently formatted at the show.

Susil: Those youtube pic's are great. The first two P-51's looked like
they're glued together. Great flying....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back