GB 30 'Post-War Warbirds'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Too many choices and so little brain power. I do have Catch 22 markings, who woulda thunk that! Il-2 in Polish markings, KB-29P, F-51D Mustang and F-47D or N Thunderbolt's. I'm so overwhelmed I think I'll break down and cry.... Or not.

There is a plane I know of that was purchased by John Myers, the test pilot and later VP for Northrop. A plane that he loved do much he had to have one so he bought it after the war. It was initially used for mapping. Several years later, this plane became a fire bomber that crashed in California August of 1963. I have only one known picture of it printed in a book of mine in its bronze and black color scheme.. Registration number N30020, SN: 42-39419.

The plane was a P-61B-1 Black Widow. :)

Last edited:
So where's the new GB board? We've got nine build posts up already and more on the way! Not to complain or anything but it seems like more admin work the longer you wait.

Unfortunately I lost accessing to the ACP some time ago. I have sent a couple of e-mails to Horse but with no replay so far. Without that access I'm not able to create the new sub-forum for the GB. So it has to be as it is at the moment. I hope it can be fixed soon.

Understood Wojtek! I thought this was unusual since you are usually very prompt with these kinds of things. Thank you for your help in administering these group builds... we couldn't do it without you!

I just had a crazy idea and I thought I would post it here. I don't think there's any possibility of me getting to this for this group build so I'm not really asking if it would qualify, And I think it would definitely be on the borderline at the very least, but I thought it would be great to try to make a Piper PA-48 Enforcer by chopping up that Hobby Craft P-51D kit I bought for the Dominican Republic decals.
I first saw the Enforcer at my first trip to the Air Force Museum years ago and fell in love with it. Much slicker than the earlier attempt by Cavalier put a tunroprop on a Mustang

image.jpg
image.jpg

20% P-51 puts this out of the range of this GB in my opinion. Would love to see you tackle it though as a STF Build. Some serious surgery would be needed.

Looks like a 'Tracker' conversion ?
Don't think that would qualify for a 'Post-War warbird'.
I don't know enough detail about the basic aircraft, but I very much doubt it would be a WW2 type, even if it had it's basis in a WW2 design.

Yeah, I'm with Terry. I had to scratch my head about that one as it does not look anything like an offshoot of a B-26. It's an S2T Turbo Tracker in Conair livery and it's definitely not a WW2 design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back