GB 30 'Post-War Warbirds'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

very true it is my confusion, I ask forgiveness.
and I have another quite sure if within specifications GB.
another thought, it is a p-51c used in 1948 by the thunderbirds, I'll do it using the p-51b / c 1/48 ICM.
i was looking for conversion kits to make casa.2111 from a heinkel, he111h6 of airfix I have in the closet.
also I had intended to make a spit MK iX e of the Armee de l'air, during the conflict against viet minh.

The P-51 sounds like a great choice, and should look great in that colour scheme.
I've seen conversion sets for the 1/48th scale Heinkel recently, but not for the 1/72nd scale kits. Have a look at both Hannant's in the UK, and at the Aviation Megastore in Amsterdam - the latter very well might have a 1/72nd scale conversion kit.

If that's the case, then there's always one of the Bendix races P-51B/C types, I think from 1948 or thereabouts ?
Or one of the P-51Bs painted to represent a German fighter for the movie 'Fighter Squadron'.

If you have meant the P-51 Thunderbird kite I would say It could be..

P-51 Thunderbird_1.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_2.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_3.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_4.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_5.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_6.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_7.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_8.jpg

P-51 Thunderbird_9.jpg

The picture source: the net...

The main mods for the Casa would be the substitution of two Merlins in lieu of the Jumos. A couple of spare Lancaster cowls would do the trick. and the rest should be reasonable simple scratch builds.

Yep, that's Jimmie Stewart, former Colonel, 8th USAAF and B-24 pilot. Now I know which 'Thunderbird' Mustang - I originally thought it was the USAF display team !
The Heinkel conversion also requires slightly different cockpit interior, main canopy, dorsal and ventral canopies/gondolas, and a few other small mods. They were used for parachute training, and also as target tugs, so some external additions might also be needed, in the form of drogue pods, wire deflectors etc. The transport versions, and V.I.P, models, also had a totally different cockpit layout, and a side door, with an extensively modified interior.
Those used in the 'BoB' movie (one still at DX under restoration) were the closest to the normal bomber configuration, being mainly converted to para and target towing duties, but retaining the 'standard' bomber fit, including the bomb bay cells.

are not only engines which must be replaced to convert the Heinkel 111, in the casa 2111 "pedro". so it is, and although I have a lancaster I can get a plane engines is that my wife bought for him mount, i was watching the merlin resin and is very different from the merlin 22 mounted
the plane outside casa has many details that heinkel not carry.
for example the front glass is almost entirely different for the pilot and copilot safety or emergency exits were folding while in the heinkel were sliding. countless air intakes, the lower gondola changes, outputs surplus, ect, ect. inside also changes, the dashboard, the positions of the pilot and copilot, gunners, the bomb had access through a side well since they had possibility of removing them to use the transport plane or ambulance, which casa 2111D called above are those who have survived are almost exclusively for the film battle of Britain are versions B y C there are some f but very few.
I am asking the Spanish govierno permission to go to a cemetery in Navarre aircraft to take pictures of the "pedro" they have there

Me too.

I didn't realise there were so many differences. If I find any conversion sets I'll give you a shout Sergio. (Nothing on E-bay so far)

Last edited:
Me too.

I didn't realise there were so many differences. If I find any conversion sets I'll give you a shout Sergio. (Nothing on E-bay so far)

Sorry my friend and thanks I feel great because if you see some of these kits you tell me what do,

As I've managed to actually finish a kit (88mm), I might take part with a Swedish Air Force P-51D or a Texas/Harvard, as we bought them secondhand from the US/Can/UK, after the war, if acceptable....

There's a few on these sets, from F4, which is, was, the airbase in my hometown back in the day....

IMG_20160719_211953.jpg

IMG_20160719_212012.jpg

IMG_20160719_212033.jpg

White B, Blue K, Yellow K, Yellow H and Blue M....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back