GB-35 Participation

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
A month into this GB and we only have 3 entries so far. GB 34 finished last week with a resounding whimper with only 2 models completed. Open to ideas to increase participation in GB 35. We could split the build or leave as is. Comments?????

How about a split with Japanese aircraft? Call it "The Rising Sun". There a 2 Pacific GBs and a carrier GB but contain aircraft from both sides. I have a half dozen or so Japanese kits which are to be built as "captured" aircraft. Or one called "ДЛЯ РОССИИ" (FOR RUSSIA). This could include Russian made or Lend-Lease aircraft. It could, if this helps, include any era. Just my ¢.0175CAN worth.

How much is .0175c can in real money?

Not the suggestion btw, that's fine by me. Just the money reference

Maybe minor nations, anyone but the big 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, IMHO the main trouble is not the number of entries but the popularity of planes. I'm almost sure if it was allowed to participate with the Bf 109, Fw190, P-51, F4U for instance, there would be more entries. Also the holiday period isn't a good time for such thread subjects. Have a look at the previous GB, a couple of nice entries there but not too many finished kits.

Last edited:
I had intended to enter something for this GB, probably a Phantom or Skyraider, but I just have too many unfinished models to attend to first.
That, and I seem to have mislaid my 'modelling head' too, hence my Jet Provost entry for the last GB fizzling out just as the fuse was lit !
I must admit though, I thought there would be more entries for this particular GB.
Can't offer any suggestions, but I hope things pick for this, and future GBs.

I had every intention of entering a F-105 in this GB but the time I have this summer for model building has been almost non-existent, not to mention all the half finished kits on the shelf. I still have some hope I might be able to do a quick entry later when things slow down though.
If you guys want to go ahead and add another category to the GB as a split build I have no objection.

Just I would like to ask... are there allowed the Vietnam AF planes as well or just the French/American ones only?

Last edited:
Just I would like to ask... are there allowed the Vietnam AF planes as well or just the French/American ones only?

At this point I would suggest this build not be restricted in any way so yes all participants should be allowed in my opinion.

In fact I think We should make this an "open" GB and allow ANY aircraft subject in addition to the original theme.

So , no matter of which the AFs of the Vietnam conflict a plane was... it allows to entry with MiGs etc... for instance.

BTW, Andy, please check on my PM .

With all my dumbassery with the Ta I am still considering entering this build. I've got an F-111 Aardvark begging to be built. Only 4 ever set to Vietnam and they were withdrawn due to structural problems but an amazingly modern aircraft even now

IMHO the main trouble is not the number of entries but the popularity of planes. I'm almost sure if it was allowed to participate with the Bf 109, Fw190, P-51, F4U....
Being not a big fan of modeling only "mainstream" airplanes, I disagree that this is the reason for not participating. I do believe some of us know more about the Vietnam conflicts between 1945 and 1980, but some others are probably not that interested. Does anybody have a list of all airplanes used during the Vietnam wars? Having a list with I believe more than 5-6 dozens of models can help everybody to make a unique choice. Even (or especially!) for a/cs that are not so popular at all. Honestly I don't know which versions of F-4 were used in Vietnam and what are the differences between the USAAF and the Navy models, but I know some of the a/cs I like (F6F, F8F, A-26 etc.) were used in the conflicts as well.
If it's possible to stretch the time frame a little more starting in 1946 (or even 1945 and include the British presence in Vietnam) instead of 1950, there is a huge amount of old planes used by the French in Indochina, incl. Japanese models - check this sites:
Air War over French Indochina
Home - French Wings Over Indochina Gallery
and list of models:
Modelling the Aircraft of the Indochina War in 1/72 Scale
Some time ago I was preparing to build a CIA B-26B (used during clandestine operations like "Millpond" or "Farm Gate") for a Vietnam GB on a different forum. This GB never started - I believe for similar reasons. BTW B-26K "Counter invader" (later A-26A "Nimrod") is one of my all time favorites. If somebody here decides to build it will be great!
Cheers!

I was more thinking of a list like this (US-planes shown only), with all subtypes and variants:

A-1E Skyraider
A-1H Skyraider
A-1J Skyraider
A-26A (B-26K) Counter Invader
A-37A Dragonfly
A-37B Dragonfly
A-7D Corsair II
AC-119G Shadow
AC-119K Stinger
AC-130A Spectre
AC-130E Spectre
AC-47D Spooky
AT-28D Trojan
AU-23A Peacemaker (Turbo-Porter)
B-26B Invader
B-26C Invader
B-52D Stratofortress
B-52F Stratofortress
B-52G Stratofortress
B-57B Canberra
B-57C Canberra
B-57E Canberra
B-57G Canberra
C-118A Liftmaster (DC-6)
C-123B Provider
C-123K Provider
C-124C Globemaster II
C-130A Hercules
C-130B Hercules
C-130E Hercules
C-130E(CT) "Clamp" Combat Talon
C-130E(I) "Rivet Clamps" Combat Talon
C-130E(S) "Swap" Combat Talon
C-130E(Y) "Yank" (formerly "Yard") Combat Talon
C-130H Hercules
C-133 Cargomaster
C-141A Starlifter
C-46 Commando
C-47 Skytrain
C-5A Galaxy
C-7 (CV-2) Caribou
C-97 Stratofreighter (ANG transport)
C-9A Nightingale
CH-3A
DC-130A Hercules
DC-130E Hercules
EB-66B Destroyer
EB-66C Destroyer
EB-66E Destroyer
EC-121D Warning Star
EC-121M Warning Star
EC-121R Warning Star
EC-47N Skytrain
EC-47P Skytrain
EC-47Q Skytrain
EF-105F Wild Weasel
EF-4C Phantom II
F-100C Super Sabre
F-100D Super Sabre
F-100F Super Sabre
F-102A Delta Dagger
F-104C Starfighter
F-104D Starfighter
F-105D Thunderchief
F-105F "Wild Weasel"
F-105G "Wild Weasel"
F-111A Aardvark
F-4C Phantom II
F-4D Phantom II
F-4E Phantom II
F-5A "Skoshi Tiger"
F-5B "Skoshi Tiger"
F-5C "Skoshi Tiger"
HC-130H Hercules
HC-130P Hercules
HH-3E "Jolly Green"
HH-43B Huskie
HH-43F Huskie
HH-53B "Super Jolly Green"
HH-53C "Super Jolly Green"
HU-16B Albatross
KB-50J Superfortress
KC-135A Stratotanker
KC-135Q Stratotanker
NC-123K Black Spot
O-1D Bird Dog
O-1E Bird Dog
O-1F Bird Dog
O-1G Bird Dog
O-2A Skymaster
O-2B Skymaster
OA-37B Dragonfly
OV-10A Bronco
QU-22B Bonanza
RB-26C Invader
RB-47H Stratojet
RB-57E Canberra "Patricia Lynn"
RB-57F Canberra
RB-66B Destroyer
RC-135C Big Team
RC-135D Rivet Brass
RC-135M Rivet Card
RC-135U Combat Sent
RF-101C Voodoo
RF-4C Phantom II
SC-47D Skytrain
SC-54D Skymaster (DC-4)
SR-71A Blackbird
T-28B Trojan
T-28D Nomad
TF-102A Delta Dagger
U-10A Courier
U-10B Courier
U-10D Courier
U-2C Dragon Lady
U-2F Dragon Lady
U-2R Dragon Lady
U-3A Administrator "Blue Canoe" (Cessna 310)
UC-123B Provider
UC-123K Provider
UH-1F Huey
UH-1P Huey

(above list copied from FSM-forum).

Last edited:
Hello partners!!!!!,
after a long time out of the forum for professional matters, had to get the plc siemens program titration, here I come back with you, I have for this group two great aircraft that the Americans produced serious problems as the mig17 for the fighters and bombers of short and medium range and the mig 21 f13 that in the early years meant a quality jump in the VPAF to intercept the b52 that until then only had the few AA batteries of Chinese manufacture
I would have liked to be more active in the forum but it has been impossible for me and I am sorry that the last GB models presented were so few.

Last edited:
I think you guys hooked me into this one but since im in a 1/700 bing i might go in that direction ;) if thats ok?
Are we allowed to do dios as id focus in that if allowed?
Its been a while since I've taken part and the rules have been found but not on those questions

Last edited:
Igor the GB is for Vietnam aircraft so I don't know to what you are referring as 1/700. The ship model you are doing would not fit the GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back