GB-37 1/48 Hawker Hurricane I - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Username: Le_steph40
First name: Stéphane (Stéph)
Category: advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Hasegawa JT65
Model Type: Hawker Hurricane Mk.I
Aftermarket addons: Ultracast Hurricane Seat & Armor Plate, Aires control surfaces and Pavla vacu canopy.

The kit
JT65.jpg
Details here: Hasegawa JT65 Hurricane MK.I

The Ultracast resin set
Ultracast_48019_Product.jpg

The Aires control surfaces
4035-jpg.jpg

And the vacu canopy
v48-05-jpg.jpg

It will be my second entry in this GB :)
Next post to explain the project... ;)

Some nice extras there Steph, should be a good one.
I might enter one of my BoB Hurricanes, if I finish the Heinkel in time - either one of the 'old' Airfix kits, or their relatively new one, depending on the subject (got four to add to the collection !).

Hello,

The project is Hawker Hurricane Mk.I, serial N2461, coded GZ-F of 32 Sqn based at Biggin Hill during August 1940. This mount was flown by Flight Lieutenant/Squadron Leader Michael N. Crossley to destroy 9 enemy aircrafts between May and August 1940 (4 Bf 109Es, 1 Ju88, 2 He111s, 1 Do17, 1/2 Bf110 and 1/2 Do17).
Infos here: Michael Crossley - Wikipedia, Battle of Britain London Monument - S/Ldr. M N Crossley, CROSSLEY Michael Nicholson
Apparently, no picture exists of this aircraft... I think to depict her during August 1940.
I have several photos of Hurricane Is of 32 Sqn during BoB with some particularities :)

Ready ! ;)

Hello,
Here are some modifications (or surgery :D ) for both projects => So, one more time, it's the same photo and comment in the other project ;)
I removed the part behind the pilot's head and I cut the rudder
I also sanded the fuselage covering (lining?) to mitigate it
DSCN3669.JPG

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back