GB-38 1:72 P-51B - Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K

Brigadier General
Dec 17, 2007
The back of beyond
User Name: A4K
Name: Evan
Cat: 2 - Intermediate
Subject: North American P-51B-15-NA Mustang (S/N 43-24825). Coded T9 + HK
Kit: AZ Models # AZ 7513: P-51B "Mustang" "Captured"
Scale: 1:72
Accessories: Propagteam decals, Yahu P-51B instrument panel

This aircraft (ironically nicknamed "Jerry") was originally assigned to Lt. Thomas E. Fraser of the 4th FG, 334th FS.
After capture by the Germans, it became part of the 'Wanderzirkus Rosarius' ('Rosarius' Travelling Circus') in which Axis pilots were brought into close contact with their main opponents for training purposes. Certain pilots were even allowed to fly the aircraft themselves.

Though the AZ Models kit provides markings for this aircraft, they are not entirely accurate, so I will be using the Propagteam markings from sheet #00172: 'Foreigners in Foreign Skies'.

Attachments

• STA56798.JPG
    STA56798.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 162
  • STA56799.JPG
    STA56799.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 165
  • STA56800.JPG
    STA56800.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 162
  • STA56801.JPG
    STA56801.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Good to be back and able to watch another A4K build.
Great ref and anxious to see her go together.

Cheers guys! Hope to do a good job (fighting the 'shall I superdetail it?' demons already, some internal details are a little simplified)

Paul, thanks a million for those shots mate! Far better than any I've seen so far, and they clear up some questions I had. Much appreciated!

Kit pics now added to post #1. Neither the kit decals, nor the Propagteam ones, are correct as are. The Propagteam set has the correct stencil style 'T9' fuselage codes though, so will use those. Just need to cut and space the HK codes, they are too close together.

An unusual build, but a great conversation piece Evan. I cant help wondering what those LW people were thinking as they looked the bird over.....

Last edited:
Cheers guys! Hope to do a good job (fighting the 'shall I superdetail it?' demons already, some internal details are a little simplified)

Paul, thanks a million for those shots mate! Far better than any I've seen so far, and they clear up some questions I had. Much appreciated!

Go for it on the super detail. Your quite welcome, anything else you need feel free to ask and I will see what I can dig up :)

Evan, got a question regarding these A/C in the wrong hands.
Any idea what yellow they used? Seems to be pretty consistent. I'll be entering a Jug if and when it arrives.
Cheers. Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back