GB-41 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M5c - PTO from 1937 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its been some time since I last posted to my diary. Ive made some steady progress n that time just edging forward slowly.

Various 1.jpg

Canopy and Landing gear are painted along with various parts yet to be attached

Tailwheel detail.jpg

Tailwheel and hook

LG wheelbay1.jpg

Further detail to LG wheelbays added....needs further tidy up.

Landing gear 2.jpg

LG coming together. needs a bit more work

Landing gear 1.jpg

Subassembly coming together. I will apply a wash to the hydraulic lines just to make them less loud

Engine plug 1.jpg

Engine cowl are together, but much drama. Main shaft was too short forcing me to extemporise a new prop shaft from brass rofd running through the centreline of the engine plug and anchoring it with a styrene bush behind the engine firewall.

Dry fit 1.jpg

First dry fit. IFF flashes added. need a bit of tidying up but not too bad

Dry fit 2.jpg

Dry fit 2 with centre ckit glass. some of the cockpit glazing mask has been removed....so far Im happy

Last edited by a moderator:
prop has been corrected. canopy (less the slide) is also fitted, though I am not entirely happy with the fit aft. I might be stuck with it as the radio mast is also in place and there would be a strong risk I would break something if I tried to remove it . Im very happy with the canopy frames that ive painted. OTOH the fit aft is terrible, and I may not have a choice really

Ive had another go at the yellow IFF flashes, but they are still not right. for that reason the wing mounted guns are still not fitted.

Ive applied some very subtle weathering in the area aft the exhaust stacks and some far less subtle underside staining along the seamlines using pastel chalks.

Getting a bit closer. hope to finish this week...…..we will see.

Canopy on.jpg

underside.jpg

Really looking great Michael, I like what you've done and the research going into it. I agree with Andy on the photos. I often see things in my pictures that I did not see looking at the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back