GB-42 MTO II (incl Greece, Crete & Malta, Africa and Middle East)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anyway, whichever way I go there is abig first for me, tackling LW mottle scheme. I'm thinking of tackling it with freehand airbrush, pressure settings dialled right down . will be a challenge I think

Gotta try it Michael. Thin paint is also a must.

Geo I have no comment on the underside colour other than I agree at looks lighter than Azure Blue. I also know of a lot of discussions/arguments about the colours of the Malta rigs. IIRC there's a thread or twenty over at Britmodeler.

The Osprey book "Malta Spitfire Aces", 2008, says the aircraft were delivered in the Desert Scheme; DE/MS but with Sky Blue under-surfaces. A quick trip to Urban's site shows these options...

1556246829932.png

I just purchased Vallejos desert pack pack and 35550 is included...

1556247112335.png

....so...my plan is to do DE/MS over Sky Blue and then mist FS35050 over the top colours leaving the cowling panel(s) and rudder in the original colours

I'm planning to build a model of a Fiat G.55, and need a little help with colour schemes. I'm looking for an aeroplane based at Turin in October 1943, as a specific pilot who's career I follow would have flown a G.55 from there as part of a series of test flights.

If I can't find something specific, I'll end up doing her in generic colours, but I'd prefer something reasonably correct, if I can get it. Could anyone help with some profiles?

What size would the code letters be? They look to me to be 24"

Assuming the drawing is accurate and the roundel is the standard 35" diameter, then the outer rim of the blue roundel would be 25 inches in diameter and the white would be 15. I'd say 24 inch letters would be about right, maybe a tad less.

As memo serves the no. 19 Squadron RAF wasn't involved in the MTO during the 1944/45. It was sent to France 1944 then Belgium and Germany, Later the unit got back the Great Britain. But if you meant no. 19 Squadron SAAF it was sent to Italy. But the squadron operated Beaufighters IIRC.

RAF19............. operated P-51 Mk IV........ so that is out
Next choice...........
252 Sqn Beaufighter,
Flg Off J.C. Davidson was a pilot in this Sqn, plane ser and code unknown,
so I will go with an illustration by Clave of a Mk VI
if I can find a KIT!!!!!!!!!!
If this one fits the period and place????? ;););)

RAF19............. operated P-51 Mk IV........ so that is out
Next choice...........
252 Sqn Beaufighter,
Flg Off J.C. Davidson was a pilot in this Sqn, plane ser and code unknown,
so I will go with an illustration by Clave of a Mk VI
if I can find a KIT!!!!!!!!!!
If this one fits the period and place????? ;););)
What kit Bill you looking for?

Question on the entry rules. The rules say that four entries per build is the limit, but someone mentioned the limit is three, Please clarify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back